The mkiv Supra Owners Club

This bird I know is in the market for a Supra

hogmaw

Before Jurgen & Co lick their lips, she's based in the USA. She has her sights set on this beauty:

Not bad for your first supra

Now I'm thinking that it's too good for her! Serious! The last thing I want is for her to go killing herself in a 400+bhp supra, esp when I KNOW first hand she is a shit driver. So what do I advise her? Forget about a supra, get an NA - or go for it? Serious question btw

If she really is that bad a driver, please suggest to her to get a slower car!

I have a 180bhp car at the moment. VERY nippy when you want it to be, but easy enough to handle. I know some bad drivers, and they can't handle MY car - let alone something with over double the power.......

an NA is much closer in power to mine - if it has to be a supra then an NA would be a good start.

However, it's only if she is a bad driver - and depends on what power she's currently used to I suppose, and if it's RWD or FWD.

She will think I am being patronising if I suggest she gets a slower car. Her last one was a Celica a few years back, since then it's been the odd hire car. We went out in a Mustang in CA last summer, which was shit slow btw, but she still managed to make the ride quite scary, not good :blink:

I seriously wouldn't recommend a Turbo sup to any one who never had a fast/turbo car in the past, but she might be fine with NA though.

My supra is the first car I've driven/owned with over 120bhp and the first with turbos. So long as you respect it and take your time to get to know it, you should be fine. I can't talk on behalf of hogmaw's lady friend, but it does sound like she's had a few decent cars in the past. That said, I'm sure there's a difference between a stock TT and this one with 450bhp!