The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK brake pads

Gazboy

How did you find the EBC pads? I thought they were supposed to be crap based on comments on here.

I've got a complete set of HAWK/Brembo pads from MVP for under £100. I'll let you know how I get on with them :)

They were caperble and certainly stopped the car, but they lack feel, never faded but can glaze. I did a 155-0 emergancy stop in 200 yards on concrete with no drama if that helps!

I have a set of the Brembo/Hawk UK pads on mine.... Everything is new.. I have to say they are great.... my jspecs were good, but faded after a while.... The pads dont fade but they do smell a little if you park up quickly after a spirited drive :innocent:

They are VERY good pads though....

Hmm, I have stinking brakes to look forward to!

Gaz, how much did those pads set you back?

I used to have Pagid pads that stank after a thrash!

£160- more than MVP offered but I prefer to pay more, in person than via paypal and get something cheaper.

I've only done 30 miles on the Endless, so still bedding in, but I can tell you they beat the shit out of the redstuff - but I'll be impressed if they wear half as well as the redstuff. Initial bite is much stronger and more reasuring, and needing less pressure too.

More info inc track abilities next weekend...