The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre advice, small slice in wall

Guest gzaerojon

Guest gzaerojon

just notice a slice in my rear tyre, they are not fitted to the rim yet. looking up close there is still lots of thickness on the inside and it doesn't look like it's gone through any cord. looks like a stanley knife slice when removing packaging, it it was deliberate then it would be all the way though

will i get away with it do you think?

Guest gzaerojon
Its only one tyre, change it. I wouldnt want a blow out from something like that.

you're probably right i guess, its a 295/30/19 though :blink:

bugger :(

I think everyone feels the same Jon. It doesn't matter how small the damage is, you'd be taking a huge risk.

Can you imagine flying down the motorway at silly leptons and then boom!! Seeing a car, barrier, embankment, car barrier, embankment and then wondering whether saving a couple of hundred quid was worth it as you wonder what you will collide with next!!:( .

Sorry about the lecture but i am the master of pissing on my chips by trying to save a few quid!!

H.

Guest gzaerojon

i think i already knew the answer, you guys confirmed it :(

it's nothing i've done with a knife as the tape is still on the tyre.

just about to order some Michelin pilot sport ps2 (part worns)

the reason im going for part worns is i'm just about to book the car in for some new tubbies (oil seals went end of last summer :() and i need to save as much as possible

Edit: anyone use Michelin pilot sport ps2? what are they like?

Guest gzaerojon
Deary me, you spend so much money on bling and body kit yet are cheap on the most important thing on your car, the rubber! ;)

i know, but just over 1k on rubber will hurt at this stage (i forgot to say i need front tyres too :innocent: ) actually i feel kinda embarrised to have even started this thread as i would've probably said the same as everyone else has if it were someone else starting a thread like this

Guest gzaerojon
If you need some extra cash Jon, you can refurb my lights!!:D

We need to arrange shipment and a quick turnaround. Unless you have some facelifts in stock.......:eyebrows:

H.

great plan, i'll swap you some tyres ;)

no facelifts at the mo, but i'll try and keep this weekend clear if you want, then if you get them here for friday i'll post them monday :)

great plan, i'll swap you some tyres ;)

no facelifts at the mo, but i'll try and keep this weekend clear if you want, then if you get them here for friday i'll post them monday :)

I've got to get the buggers out first. If the weather is ok i'll remove them and send them to you.

Sorry about the thread hijack. I'll PM you this week Jon.

H.

Guest gzaerojon
I've got to get the buggers out first. If the weather is ok i'll remove them and send them to you.

Sorry about the thread hijack. I'll PM you this week Jon.

H.

no worries, i don't mind hijacker that pay me money :p

give me a bell if you get stuck getting the lights off :)