The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bolney Details ... Please Read..

blitz supra

Below are details of Bolney meet (posted by Daz on J UK Meets)

DATE AND START TIME:

Bolney 2007 will be held on Saturday 21st April. The meet will start FROM 11:30am - please do NOT turn up any earlier as we will be trying to get the carpark display area arranged and sorted before everyone else turns up (otherwise it's too hectic to move cars around).

THE THEME:

This years theme is "Old 'n' New". The carpark will be used as a display area - for which selected car club will be asked to pick 2 cars which give a good representation of their club .... Obviously the display car park is limited to the clubs selected - and we will be inviting clubs shortly. If we decide nearer the time that we have more space available then we will invite a few more clubs to put forward 2 cars each. One club is celebrating 30 years this year - and we will be offering them some additional space for a small display area (should they wish to use it).

PARKING:

Because the carpark will be a display area, please do NOT turn up and try and park in the carpark - as this will ruin what we are trying to achieve. Please use the grass verges along the sides of the road and the main grass verge outside the pub (as in previous years). Also, please be considerate to residents who live in the area - and do not restrict them access to their properties. Additionally, please do not park across the entrance to slip roads. We do not want to annoy the residents and limit our chances of returning again.

FLY-BY's:

There will be a zero tolerance rule with people who try to demonstrate what their car is capable of ... by this I mean anyone seen speeding or driving like a moron will be asked to leave. This is a purely static meet ... if you want to drive your car hard then go to a trackday instead. As in previous years I expect there to be children attending with their parents and I do NOT want to see anyone get injured.

POLICE:

Sussex police WILL be notified of the event and they WILL be paying us a visit regularly. If they cannot drive through as regularly as hoped, and we get idiots doing fly-by's then I will be phoning Sussex Police and asking them to come down.

CATERING:

Last year the pub did a superb job with catering and I am hoping they will be offering something similar this year. Last year they had burgers, hot dogs, chips, etc as well as cans of drinks. They also went around with trays of hotdogs and burgers so that people didn't need to go into the pub to get food.

LITTER:

Please ensure that you use the litter bins scattered around the area - and do not drop rubbish on the floor. After last years meet we had complaints - and I do not want to see a repeat this time around. Please ensure you are respectful to the local community - and ensure you put any rubbish in the bins provided. I cannot emphasise enough how important it is that we do NOT leave the village in a mess - the residents should not be having to tidy up after us.

MAGAZINES:

Unfortunately JTuner has ceased to exist, so we will not have them there this year. I shall be contacting Japanese Performance magazine to let them know about the meet - and they can decide if they want to come along (I hope they will as they have been very supportive of the meet in the past and have always give

No offence but this is a respected and official meet now in its 6th year,

Every year the villagers and Pub invite the meet back ,

Hence why no idiots are wanted there, and upmost respect is given to the little village. also this is why the Police are requested to make a show

A pure static meet with respect for a very small village and tiny community,

Those who know this meet and have been attending for years and years will know the ground rules, its not about someone telling other people not what to do,

Basically as per every year if you want to rev your engines and do fly bys and burn rubber .. don't go to Bolney ,

Those new to the Bolney meet will have a fantastic day for sure .

No problem, only having a jest. I've been to Bolney Stage quite a few times for meals etc. Going this saturday for Mother's Day as it happens. You sure the car park's big enough?

Car park is spoken for, Reserved strictly for cars that are showing etc etc, and that have agreed space with Daz and Lex as per previous years

Dont worry there is an approx 1 mile or so strip down both sides of road for parking,

If this is your first time to the meet the whole 1 mile or so strip is packed down both sides of road with line after line of cars

Just make sure you don't park across any residents driveways though

Im looking forward to this year, i have only been once with the sxoc a couple of years ago, and it was a very good event. the only trouble i remember was some chav in a saxo who thought he was a burn out king, and was quickly surrounded by a lot of big blokes asking him to leave:)