The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock Clutch, how much £?

DannyW

Guest Power-GT

You can get a full kit for about £210 - £250 ish i think from Blue Print (No flywheel included in that price :D )

And the plates are usually Exedy so they are not too bad as a 'stock replacment' item.

You can get a full kit for about £210 - £250 ish i think from Blue Print (No flywheel included in that price :D )

And the plates are usually Exedy so they are not too bad as a 'stock replacment' item.

Ah right. I was going off some of the prices I'd seen from some of the traders here.

Personally I have just had a Chris Wilson modified stock clutch fitted, new flywheel, and new bearings but this is a bit more expensive.

When i get to about 2500rpm in 5th or 6th gear with the go pedal pressed all the way down, the revs seem to jump up above 3200rpm like clutch slip, but they then drop a bit then rise again as normal right to the red line.

I don't know if it is the clutch or not, i can't smell it burning and it only does it at low revs, if it was the clutch i would have thought it would slip higher up at the peak power revs?

But what else could it be?

When i get to about 2500rpm in 5th or 6th gear with the go pedal pressed all the way down, the revs seem to jump up above 3200rpm like clutch slip, but they then drop a bit then rise again as normal right to the red line.

I don't know if it is the clutch or not, i can't smell it burning and it only does it at low revs, if it was the clutch i would have thought it would slip higher up at the peak power revs?

But what else could it be?

Danny, sounds like its doing exactly what mine was doing. I changed the clutch and flywheel and everything is fine now.

Mark

Ive had clutches go before on other cars and they always slipped higher up the rev range, mines only doing it low down.

The other thing is that the bite point on the clutch is quite high up too.

Any ideas?

I was thinking exactly the same when mine went wrong (with regards to when it slips), but it did turn out to be clutch.

I ordered a RPS clutch and flywheel from MVP and got them at a good price and in very quick time.

They do recommend that you change the flywheel when doing the clutch, if you do this and think about the RPS flywheel, be warned that it does make your car sound clunky (due to the lightness of it). It drives great but does make a bit of an agricultural sound when pulling off.

Thge prices i have are a few years old but they are as follows:

Clutch cover assembly £119.95

Clutch release bearing £37.33

Clutch plate £78.33

Flywheel £258.28

Flywheel bolts £60

Labour to fit was £150

Those prices were july 04 and do not include vat or discounts

Just took the car for a run and the clutch is slipping worse now. I feel like crying, only had the car a week, i drive like a granny most of the time and the first time i open it up the clutch slips.

Gutted :(

I know how you feel mate. I'd only had mine for 2 weeks before mine started slipping.