The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Goodwood 12th July

Andyp

For those of you who have had their head in the sand, Goodwood festival of speed is taking place next weekend. There's a few people going off here going on the 12th (Saturday) and a few going from the Rx7 forums afaik.

If you don't know about it, all the info can be found at the Goodwood website but to summarise, it's a pretty mental day out, seeing some mighty tasty cars drive at daft speeds up a stupid hill :D

They are still selling tickets afaik. I'm gonna devise a way down there (a way that suits Mark Ayling and his demands hehe) but if you are feeling lonely you are more than welcome to join us from the m25 way.

Should be a good laugh, don't be a girl (unless you are one) and come! :D

A

I'm going Friday this year. The last couple I've been on the Sunday, but it's was just too busy last year. There's a guy having a serious go at the hill climb record this year apparently, in a Pikes Peak Toyota pickup with >900bhp! The current record was set in 99 I think in an F1 car and was so dangerously fast that the organisers banned timing the F1 cars.

It's a very cool event, anyone who likes cars and motorsport should go. :thumbs:

Yes, I'll be there again this year for another fantastic day.

Its the only time you get a real chance in the UK to get really close to a current F1 car and meet the drivers firsthand.

Naturally to all Supra lovers it will be no surprise to know that its a Toyota which holds the current hill climb record and most of you who would like to buy that rear wing for your Supra will know the following driver.

"Rod Millen, the Kiwi hillclimbing legend, will return to Goodwood to defend his ‘Fastest Time of the Day’ title set on his debut last year, this time driving a 900bhp Toyota Tacoma pick-up truck that he promises will be ‘even faster’ than his Toyota Celica Turbo."

I'll be there but not in the Supra this year Maybe a brand new Audi S4 4.2 V8 thanks to Audi for the loan vehicle. If you meet this car on the road make sure your Supra is not standard.. Otherwise your in trouble.

:flame Dev

Who's coming.?? :)

Went to the FOS on Friday, execellent as usual, but the traffic was a nightmare this year even no the Friday, so it'll be mayhem on Sunday I reckon. Oh, and anyone going tomorrow, you really need to check out the Toyo stand, trust me... :thumbs: