The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Someone knows anything about this one?

Guest TP_

Hello. My name is Mattias, i live in Sweden and iam a new member here, hope it turns out well ;)

I have ordered an Supra MKIV trought a car dealer here in sweden, the Supra ordered is this one: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/134311.htm

Does any one of you guys know anything about it? Or have more pics on it? That would have been great!

Sorry for my sometimes bad english, but i think i can make myself understood :cool:

Thanks// Mattias from Sweden

Black Toyota Supra, 6 Speed Manual, Twin Turbo pushing 550 bhp. Full Bodykit, recently fully resprayed. 18inch alloy wheels with brand new tyres. HKS Turbocharger and Greddy Intercooler. Gold plated drivers side interior, with dial gauges and a power booster. OS Geiken newly fitted clutch. Have to drive it to feel the power. Fully modified Supra imported from Japan nearly two years ago now. Have to drive it to feel the power.

Welcome to the club Mattias :thumbs:

That advert is a bit strange, it says it has a HKS turbocharger (it reads singular, although it says it is TT), yet on the photograph it has the stock OEM Toyota twin turbos fitted. With stock turbos it won't be making 550hp, it would be lucky to make 400hp.

It also says it has a GReddy intercooler, it might be just the photograph, but I can't see a FMIC. If it has a GReddy IC fitted, I would also expect the pipe on the left hand side of the engine bay to be a metal hard pipe (the same as the one on the right hand side), not the standard rubber pipe.

On the left hand side of the engine bay photograph, the metal cross member in front of the radiator looks bent (possibly paint missing too, difficult to see), the upper clamp for the radiator also is also bent. It says it was recently resprayed on the advert, possible front impact damage?

The panel around the gear stick is missing on the interior photograph, why?

I'm not sure what a power booster is suppose to be, boost controller? *Edit* I think the thing on the steering column is a GReddy Profec B Spec II boost controller.

There is also something odd about the ignition switch, the photograph is blurred so I can't tell what it is on the pic. Also does anyone recognise what the gauge in the centre airvent is?

"Gold plated drivers side dash" I assume means gold spray painted dash by the looks of it.

I hate to say this, but the car looks very poor to me and not worth the asking price. The description is at best naive and a worst a lie. If you haven't paid already, I would find a better example instead.

Do you know where the car is located? Perhaps a member could check it out for you or it may be worth getting the AA or RAC to do an inspection before it is sent over.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/134311-1.jpg http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/134311-2.jpg http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/134311-3.jpg http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/134311-4.jpg http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/134311-5.jpg http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/134311-6.jpg

What a fantastic response from Nic Mattias - just what he said.

The HKS Turbocharger also drew some concerns for me and as did the ignition barrel - looks very weird indeed.

That gauge looks like an old mechanical boost gauge Nic, but not sure because of the clarity.

I would certainly look for another example Mattias. Try one of the excellent reputable traders on here - Jurgen and CJ to name a couple :)

Good luck!

Greg

That gauge looks like an old mechanical boost gauge Nic, but not sure because of the clarity.

It could be, but it has a boost gauge on the pillar pod, just wondered if this was something to do with the 'power booster' thingy mentioned.

Well Nic, that was amazing =D, thanks for that information and thank you very much to you others who took time to answer. My dealer contract is the way that everything has to be perfect on the car (and the way the seller told it was, in this case he said it was in a perfect condition) otherwise i can just require an other car OR have my money back. So if things are the way they are on the pics when the car comes to sweden, it wont be an .. cant find the word would it be affair? or trade? The car should be on its way (at least the dealer said). So it will be exiting so see it irl, and those things Nic told ill put them on a paper so i dont forget to check them when i get to see the car for the first time.

I have to say thanks to all of you once more!

Greetings // Mattias

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Mattias :(

When you get the car, post up some better quality photographs of as much of it as possible, so we can get a better impression of the quality.

BTW just noticed it has the larger 4 pot Supra brakes on the front, which is one bonus.

Nic, no problems att all just got to face things like theese. Was it the front brakes u meant?

I mailed my dealer now with a couple of questions touching the tt:s, the intercooler and the bent metal piece over the radiator. I know remember something about that he said that there could be difficulties registrating the car cause of the turbo (and he said it in singular too, and that they will fix the registration), so there´s a possibility that alls those things are fixed after these pics are taken, and i really hope too.

//Mattias

I thought about that mileage for a while, and then figured out that that cars origin is Japan, with otherwords the mileage is in Kilometers, and 135 000KM means that it has rolled around 80 000miles, and that aint so bad. I have also searched alot around "clocking" (turn the mileage ODO backwards) and found out that its very difficult cause you´ll need a completely new ODO and all that other equipment and then mount it in a thing (i dont find the english word for that) that rolls the ODO to a mileage you want, like 40 000 miles for example, now that would take a while.

My dealer also said that if the car aint like the specs, of course they will fix it, fix me another car or give me my money back, so im not worried about it anymore, but they garanteed that the car was in a exceptional condition!

And for the TwinTurbo and TT, it just was about that it is i twinturbo in the paperwork but has the mods (wich arent on the pics) (so, if it would have been a N/A the TT and Twin TUrbo had been N/A instead). On wednensday it is supposed to have reached Sweden, and then im going to take a lok at it. I lie if i say that im not a bit nervous :p so wish me luck on this one.

Sorry once more for my sometimes poor english!

//Mattias

I was looking at this car back in November as a customer wanted me to check it out before he parted with his cash. I contacted the seller who had it up for around 11k and told him that based on the pics I would not give him any more than 9k for it tops and he almost snatched my hand off :(

That immediately rung alarm bells and then when I pointed out certain anomalies with the description etc he started to shy away from meeting.

Even though the HPI showed clear, if I were the prospective buyer I would be very wary about purchasing this car as something did not seem right.

The car have now landed in sweden, and my dealer has it.

He called me and said one thing at first, that my Supra had come, but he was NOT going to sell it to me. The car didnt have single turbo, it had the original OEM turbos, original intercooler, and everythying else. Then the car was supposed to be newly resprayed, the seller said it was the worst looking supra he had ever watched at! Then they had taken of the frontskirt, and under that they saw that the car had taken an pretty hard front impact. There was some kind of struggle with the gearbox too..

So he said that theywill fix another Supra to me, and that other one has only 55 000miles, its a UK spec, full BPU, bodykit, Volk 18" rims.. Ill put up some pics on that one when i get home from work. It truly looks awesome! That one was the one i from the beginning wanted so now im happy again =D

The car have now landed in sweden, and my dealer has it.

He called me and said one thing at first, that my Supra had come, but he was NOT going to sell it to me. The car didnt have single turbo, it had the original OEM turbos, original intercooler, and everythying else. Then the car was supposed to be newly resprayed, the seller said it was the worst looking supra he had ever watched at! Then they had taken of the frontskirt, and under that they saw that the car had taken an pretty hard front impact. There was some kind of struggle with the gearbox too..

So he said that theywill fix another Supra to me, and that other one has only 55 000miles, its a UK spec, full BPU, bodykit, Volk 18" rims.. Ill put up some pics on that one when i get home from work. It truly looks awesome! That one was the one i from the beginning wanted so now im happy again =D

Sounds like your dealer is a good guy!! Lucky for you!

I'm glad things worked out okay Mattias and that you'll be getting a better car in the end.

I'm suprised the dealer didn't see the problems with the car from the photos. Probably worth posting photos of the UK spec Supra also, so that we can check it out too, 55,000miles sounds very low for a 10 year old UK Supra. Someone of the forum may actually know the car if you post pics.