The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cig lighter is dead

R3DG3CKO ROB

Has anyone else had problems with this?

I've recently tried using the cig lighter to power my phone cradle and its dead???

I got the volt meter out and there's no current to be found...

Where's the easiest place to splice a 12v supply from? as without cutting all my cables I can't tell... :)

Rob

There is also a small fused link on the back of the lighter itself which might have gone.

Beat me to it mate :)

Trick found and fixed this on mine after I had checked every dam fuse on the car.

Rob the fuse is built into the back of the cig lighter as Trick said, remove the cig lighter unit and you will see what he means :)

Bruna/Rich - does this also power the light on the cig lighter? I've got power going to my satnav etc from the socket, but no light around the knob (if there is one).

Sorry thread hijack slightly too - Also, my rear fog light works OK, but the switch no longer lights up to illustrate it's switched on. I take it this needs to be sorted before my MOT :(

Cheers ;)

Greg

Bruna/Rich - does this also power the light on the cig lighter? I've got power going to my satnav etc from the socket, but no light around the knob (if there is one).

Not sure to be honest mate, that just might be the bulb/LED. Rich will probably be able let you know, I just stand there and watch him work usually :D

Sorry thread hijack slightly too - Also, my rear fog light works OK, but the switch no longer lights up to illustrate it's switched on. I take it this needs to be sorted before my MOT :(

Cheers ;)

Greg

Oddly I have a problem with my internal fog light indicator always being on!!! I guess this would fail the MOT too?

Rob

Cheers ;)

Greg

Cig lighter bulb is powered seperatly off the dash light circuit. Toyota part number is 84999-10250.

Best bet for your fog light is just to swap the switch for a new one, although given the state of the rest of your wiring, its possibly a bad connection on the back.