The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which is Best to have on the long run? its decision time in the within 2 months

Guest Stupool

Guest Stupool

Hi everybody!

Just thought id put this thread out to see the general feed back on your thoughts.

I will be very soon purchasing a supra, and altho i have test driven the manuals and autos also the turbo's and N/A. I cant quite decide which one would be best, when it comes around to running costs etc.

If you could give me your thoughts that would be great!! :cool:

w H a tttta r e yo u o n abbbbbb o u ttt

Rich

Sorry could you repeat that? Never quite got that.

As for the choice personally I have an auto and beofre I drove the Supra I hated auto, but I love it. Never driven a manual so cannot comment. If you plan to go silly on mods then deffo manual.

Haaaaaappppppy BI RTHD AY B T W

Rich:p

Sorry could you repeat that? Never quite got that.

As for the choice personally I have an auto and beofre I drove the Supra I hated auto, but I love it. Never driven a manual so cannot comment. If you plan to go silly on mods then deffo manual.

Guest Stupool

price for runnig dosent bother me, i just wanted your veiws

is the n/a better or visa versa

do you recon it would be best to work upto the TT or just go straight for it ? lol

becuase when i tested them i couldnt really decide. i found it quite hard, as i was shocked to how good they both were lol.

price for runnig dosent bother me, i just wanted your veiws

is the n/a better or visa versa

do you recon it would be best to work upto the TT or just go straight for it ? lol

becuase when i tested them i couldnt really decide. i found it quite hard, as i was shocked to how good they both were lol.

Ok i've had 3 NA's and 2 TT's and currently drive a NA for a few reasons mainly cost.

I have 97/98 NA manual maybe worth £6500 on a good day............the TT equivalent (which i'd love to have) would be circa £13000K. they look the same just one can get you banned quicker!

So cost is a factor unless you go for an older TT (not necessarily a bad thing) with its 'potential' for a few extra costs round the corner.

Is a NA 'better' hand on heart i would say 'No' but is a 98 NA going to cost you less than a 93/4 TT over a few years i'd say certainly yes. It may be a few hundred less but it could be a few thousand you save.

IMO go TT but be careful (and in no rush) when you purchase.

Guest Nicholas
Ok i've had 3 NA's and 2 TT's and currently drive a NA for a few reasons mainly cost.

I have 97/98 NA manual maybe worth £6500 on a good day............the TT equivalent (which i'd love to have) would be circa £13000K. they look the same just one can get you banned quicker!

So cost is a factor unless you go for an older TT (not necessarily a bad thing) with its 'potential' for a few extra costs round the corner.

Is a NA 'better' hand on heart i would say 'No' but is a 98 NA going to cost you less than a 93/4 TT over a few years i'd say certainly yes. It may be a few hundred less but it could be a few thousand you save.

IMO go TT but be careful (and in no rush) when you purchase.

Yep don't buy a dog :D

I've been using my auto TT for a while now including quite a few 80+mile runs. It's not got loads of mods - exhaust, induction, fuel pump, suspension, wheels and it's awesome on those long runs. Quite comfy, loads of oomph if you need it but the only problem is that I do tend to keep it at about 3000rpm (around 80mph) to try and make sure the fuel gauge doesn't drop right in front of my eyes. Seem to get places quicker in hire cars, and for less money - but they don't look as good and when a Porsche or similar come along the Supra is the only way to go. Plus they handle really nicely.

Forget fuel costs forget running costs just think about the ear to ear smile that will be glued to your face:D :D

Seiously it is down to personal tastes i went na to tt but looking back i wish i had just bought the tt to start with (no offence to the na boys) its just that i bought the na with fuel and running costs in mind and really it was the wrong choice for me.