The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tein SS with top mounts opinions

pistonbroke

I have these on my car, IMO they are very good value for money.. They come already made up so saves you a job :)

I did notice a difference from the TEINs without topmounts, The ones with are more precise in steering, if a little harsher ride...

I have these on my car, IMO they are very good value for money.. They come already made up so saves you a job :)

I did notice a difference from the TEINs without topmounts, The ones with are more precise in steering, if a little harsher ride...

I put a set of pillow ball top mounts on my FTO and they clicked when going over uneven surfaces, I was told that this is a characteristic of the top mounts, is this the case with tein jobbies ?

I currently have the Bilstein shocks on my car that came standard, the ride at the moment is quite 'crashy', I think this is due to them being worn, how much harsher is the ride in comparison with the set I have at the moment?

I have the SS set-up and it totally changed the cars handling. Is quite a hard ride though (have mine set on the hardest setting to stop the car bottoming out). As for the top mounts, I did not bother with these as they work jsut as well with stock top mounts. The TEIN Top Mounts are only really usefull if you plan to race/track the car, could just not bother with them and save yourself £300, or get the EDFC instead, not something you will be adjusting alot but looks really trick :)

to compare is a little unfair.. By that i mean, It depends how you set them up, Ride height, rebound etc..

Mine is almost as low as i can get it, and the rebound is about half way.... The ride is firm but not harsh.... But i do try and miss pot holes..

The Supra Topmounts are fixed, (no adjustment) so you should have no noise whatsoever...

I have the SS set-up and it totally changed the cars handling. Is quite a hard ride though (have mine set on the hardest setting to stop the car bottoming out). As for the top mounts, I did not bother with these as they work jsut as well with stock top mounts. The TEIN Top Mounts are only really usefull if you plan to race/track the car, could just not bother with them and save yourself £300, or get the EDFC instead, not something you will be adjusting alot but looks really trick :)

James im sure if you had both sets, you would agree that there is a difference even on the road... Its not massive but it is there... Top mounts are better, £300 better im not sure.. :(

Remember the top mounts are made already.. So you will save on labour for fitting as you dont ahve to dismantle the old strut...

If you buy the ones without topmounts the best bet is to buy new OEM topmounts for it, however thatll cost about as much as the TEIN topmounts...

I would recomend after they are fitted for you to get a full GEO setup... This is what makes the real diffference, between a car thats better than stock or BETTER than stock...

I'm looking into getting a set of these soon, anyone got any opinions on them or actually have any experience, please let me know.

Glad you asked this Dan, Looking to do this in the next couple of months myself.. looks like its a positive response then.. better start saving..

The argument for saving money on top mounts and using stock originals is negated really, purely by the fact that my top mounts are coming up for 11 years old and I'm sure they're not as efficient as they were when new, so, may as well repalce them with new tein ones all already attached to the new shocks making fitting a much easier process.

Its seems mad to spend all that money on nice shiney new adjustables and bolting them up too knackered 10 year old top mounts.