The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fancy going spoilerless

p111ddy

I fancy a bit of a change at the moment with my supe and I've always been keen on the spoiler-less look:cool: but the thing is I don't want to do mine have the holes covered and boot sprayed to then realise it doesn't suit!:( I would like to if needed put the spoiler back. This is possible isn't it? if correct would anyone know what can be used to cover up the holes on the boot please?

Thanks for anyone's help

Michael

I'm always tempted about going spoilerless, although I dream of the half carbon TRD spoiler... drools....

I'm sure I've seen pics of a car that's put grommet style things in the holes... So much so I was thinking about doing that for a bit to make my mine up...

What colours yours???

Take it off and drive it for a week and see how you feel. If you like it then get the holes welded and re-sprayed. When you have the tailgate re-sprayed, have the glass seal taken off and look for rusting and take care of the rusting if there is any (glass will have to come out). I had my rear wiper and washer jet removed too when I went spoilerless. I didn't notice any difference in handling at all.

Ro

sup2.jpg

sup3.jpg

you can use grommets to plug up the holes. They seal pretty well so can be left in for quite a while.

When I had my spolier taken off I had grommets fitted and Im glad I did, I dont like the supra without the rear spolier now so something will be going back on, just not sure what yet.

JB

Take it off and drive it for a week and see how you feel. If you like it then get the holes welded and re-sprayed. Ro

Thats what i was actually thinking rather then jumping in feet first then realising i wanted my spoiler back!

I personally think that a Supra without a spoiler looks like a bird without tits!

It just doesn't look right.

lol i understand you fella thats why im in two minds still. Otherwise i would have already gone ahead and done it!

Ive been thinking of taking the spoiler off for a while but just cant decide.

michael, talk to hogmaw (think thats how yot spell it) his got those rubber plug things on his supe.

Good thinking mate i'll drop him a PM and try find out where he got the plugs for the boot holes from.

Guest Miller95Supra
Quicker with out the spoiler 0 - 100,

Without the SPOILER you still get the Downforce. Via trunk.

But WITH the SPOILER you get 3x The Downforce. It is based on Toyota's wind tunnel testing.

That's why Naturally Aspirated Supra's don't have them and the more powerful Turbo/TT Supras do have them. They have a Higer Top Speed (obviously)

1995 White Supra TT Hardtop 6-Spd (Mint Virgin Car)

2007 Red Campagna T-REX 1400R (Coming Soon)

Well i've tried to work my magic with wait for it paint:d as i dont have photoshop:( but im still in two minds. Think im just gonna have to try it and see

Edit: Sorry but it wont let me show it on here so please check my garage and tell me what you think? thanks

Edit again sorry: Its not happnin with the pic's. I cant seem to make them smaller so it wont let me upload them.

• 1 month later...

:) I've finally been out and removed the rear spoiler and I actually like it more then I thought I would!:) & it's surprised me how much clearer it is to look out of the rear window. But my only problem is where can I get hold of these plugs to fill the holes in the boot with?:search:

Michael

i was happy with my spoiler until last week when i ws at a cashpoint outside tesco. there was a middle aged couple behind me talking about the car and the guy liked it then the woman chirped...

''its ok but i dont like that boy racer spoiler!''

some people just dont understand, especially women:)