Which motor for summer?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which motor for summer?

• 330 Convertible
    • Old M3 Convertible
    • S2000
    • A convertible...are you a homo?
    • Keep the Supra

Think I'm going to sell the supe and get a new motor for summer. I will eventually get another Supra, possibly single turbo, I just don't fancy spending thousands doing up mine when I can buy one already done and save some cash.

Question is what shall I get in the meantime???

330convertible2.JPG

m3convertibleblack.JPG

s2000.jpg

S2000 is winning it for me at the mo:)

But 2 seats lets it down.

Yeah I need a day to day car really, I drive 12 miles to work and back in the week and at the weekend I'd like to do some cruising with the roof down this summer!!! Budget is 10k really, could stretch higher if needed.

I say keep the supra, if only because i don't personally like the replacemants, more than what you have. But i do think they're all fine cars, S2000's are amazing bits of kit, a bit :limp: to look at IMO, BMW's are great bang for buck well built, goodlooking, residuals etc etc etc, but as common as chavs in basildon:d

Not a fan of TVR's at all...what about these cruisers.

Has someone chopped your balls off? ;)

S2000 seems like the only acceptable solution offered so far, there are quite a few floating around with turbos and superchargers now too, that would be fun.

What about an Elise? Too basic?

MK3 MR2 with the TTE Turbo conversion?

Has someone chopped your balls off? ;)

S2000 seems like the only acceptable solution offered so far, there are quite a few floating around with turbos and superchargers now too, that would be fun.

What about an Elise? Too basic?

MK3 MR2 with the TTE Turbo conversion?

For once I have to agree with Michael, the Elise... :p

What about an NA supra aerotop...??

Voted for s2000, if you wanting to save a bit of cash, the fuel won't be as bad as the supe and it looks like a fun car to drive, I'd be suprised if you came back to a supra after an s2000 tbh! just as long as your under 6 ft, it's a tight fit for a skinny 6,3 for me!

As you don't do much mileage a week, I would say an S2000 is a huge step down on power from a TT Supra, I would say an Evo or Impreza. Practical 4 seats with over 300 BHP on tap depending on which model u go for. I was soooo close to handing over £15k to an S2000 last year June until I drove the dam thing and realised what a huge drop in performance it really is. Yes TopGear rates it highly against its hugely more expensive posh German rivals. But it does drink petrol as u gotta always rev it nearer to the 8,000 rpm to feel the real kick and get any performance out of it. Also I would consider an RX8, BMW M3, I can pick up nice UK ones for £12k mark. Cheers Wayne

If its 4 seats and similar performance to an S2000....then yes I would consider an RX8 :)

Guy at work bought an RX8 but found the build quality was pretty unacceptable - too many squeaks and rattles. He traded it in for an M3.

Think I'm going to sell the supe and get a new motor for summer. I will eventually get another Supra, possibly single turbo, I just don't fancy spending thousands doing up mine when I can buy one already done and save some cash.

Question is what shall I get in the meantime???

Im selling my 2004 Boxster if you want a soft top :)

I drive the supra most of the time :)

How much were you after for your Supe?

Not sure yet, can't seen any black TT Manuals to compare with? I had it cleaned today and she does look awesome!

Im selling my 2004 Boxster if you want a soft top

Not a big Porsche fan to be honest unless its a mean expensive one I can't afford.

The S2000 should save me a fair bit in petrol as I won't rag it to work, I rarely use more than 2 seats but it would be handy having them.

I think I will just goto a car auction and see what I can get.

I know i'm gonna buy a new car and want the Supra back, don't know what you've got til its gone and all that!

DSCF0170low.JPG