The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhaust bracket

T2 MSW

Had my new exhaust fitted today. A very nice custom made cat back from JP in macclesfield. Well impressed with the work and the price!

The have pointed out a part that urgently needs replacing though, I need to get under the car at the weekend to check its the correct utem but can anyone tell me if this a toyota only part or can anyone supply them? I think its part 1 (17571) on this diagram? appologies to who ever i ripped the picture off its was just perfect :innocent:

exhaust.JPG

Toyota have uprated this part since mine was built in '96, it's double thickness at the bolt hole, and has a strengthening kink in it - only about 18 quid direct (wth no discount) I bought one middle of last year, as mine had cracked through one of the bolt holes.

Mike

Toyota have uprated this part since mine was built in '96, it's double thickness at the bolt hole, and has a strengthening kink in it - only about 18 quid direct (wth no discount) I bought one middle of last year, as mine had cracked through one of the bolt holes.

Mike

Here's the part number of the revised bracket :)

17506-46180

Can confirm this, the one on my 93 car had rusted through and had snapped, the one I recently got from Jezzy had reinforcement welded onto and is far more substantial

Sadly, I paid Jezzy more than that for a 2nd hand one... really should check these prices with Toyota first!

That's the fella

I'm not sure whether that is the old part number, or the new (uprated) part number,

When I called for a price with the old number I was quoted 6.50, however when the part turned up it was the new one which was 18.49 +VAT. so just be prepared I managed to get a discount based on the fact I was quoted so much cheaper when I ordered the part ;)

I have 2 numbers on my invoice

17506-46180 & 17571-46100

Mike

Cheers Mike, ill go and speak to toyota tomorrow then.

where about's does this bracket in question go?

Its the one up front before the 1st cat. I have the bracket your after Cable as I have just removed the bracket in question, hover a new one is a few quid from toyota. mine is in ok condition but a new one may be better!

That's the fella

I'm not sure whether that is the old part number, or the new (uprated) part number,

When I called for a price with the old number I was quoted 6.50, however when the part turned up it was the new one which was 18.49 +VAT. so just be prepared I managed to get a discount based on the fact I was quoted so much cheaper when I ordered the part ;)

I have 2 numbers on my invoice

17506-46180 & 17571-46100

Mike

The first part number is the new revised part, the second one is the old design .