The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ever been photo'd

rob wild

Ok so new experience today! Was just minding my own business taking a mate of mine home from work driving though local town and we were talking about the soop and i was just telling him that i drive the soop because i like it not because i want to pose! (well just a little :innocent: ) when a bus stops in front of me and a group of lads and girls get off (not chav's either) about 18 year old's and one much older start point at my car then next minute all there phones are out they're bloody snaping away like David bloody Bailey one on the floor shouting "turn your wheel's outwards mate" :blink: Anyway i drove off quite quickly :eyebrows:

I laugh at first then just felt a bit embarrassed TBH and im going to get the p*ss taken at work tomorrow big time! :)

Just wondered if anyone else had this? what your strategy?

welcome to the world of supras ;)

Last week I had a fella from the office next door phone me up and warn me a group of people had gathered around my car taking pics and thought it may have been involved in a accident.

Luckily It hadn't, and it was just a bunch of lads taking a turn to pose and have their pics taken with the car.

Happy days

A few times, a couple of times permission was asked and the others just went for it. I was in the car each time and its hard not to enjoy the compliment. One pair of (Dutch) eejits spent ten minutes getting arty low angle shots and asking me to turn the wheels in and out. A shot with a fist up the exhaust pipe seemed necessary too.

Yep I've had this, make me feel proud :D

Went to a friends new house for the first time last year, parked on the street and about 10 local lads (about 11 years old) that were playing football started taking pics on their mobiles. They must have covered every square inch of it!

Then when I was getting in to the car to set off a voice pipes up 'How much NOS have you got mister?' lol :D I told him I have LOADS

Got loads of people dribbling (not literally, before anyone says!) over the Supras when we went to the Nurburgring last year - Supes are even more rare over there it seems. :thumbs: Loads of people taking photos; nearly ran one guy over as he jumped out in front of me, lol.

Pre Dragonball I used to get loads of kids taking pics of the car over in France even in my Gen6 Celica. Got followed through town and when parked watched the local boys phoning eachother, I guess to get their buddies around to take more pics.

It seems though that post Dragonball, and the fact that I go to the same town repeatedly that I dont draw the crowds so much.

Shame

I've lost count of how many people I've seen taking pics of the car.

Memorable ones are:

1. Saxo driving in the middle lane, me on the outside going passed, he puts down his window and out comes the phone for a snap.

2. Car parked out on the street, spot two guys taking it in turns to pose next to the car and take each others pictures (I couldn't bring myself to interupt and let them get on with it)

3. Driving up to Jap Show Finale last year, side by side with a people carrier with a rather attractive girl up front, bloke in the back. The girl just looks and smiles as I give a wave while the bloke pulls out his camera and takes his pic.

4. Pulling out of the car park at work and stop so I can get across the road. Young lad walking along puts down his bags and reaches for the phone for his photo op.

You gotta love the Supra!!

When Lin and I were touring Germany in '05 we were going through a really sleepy little village where all the roads were cobbled. So I was driving pretty slowly, obviously.

A young couple in a beat up old VW hared past us to the top of the road and parked up. The lad hopped out and snapped loads of pics of us driving up towards them.

Flagged us down and said "Vun day I too a car like this vill own."

Made my day and we were still laughing a week later. :D

Haven't had this for a while at the moment as the car hasn't been back for long or out much.

But when I first got it, I pulled up in the carpark of the Greswolde Hotel local to me and an American came into the pub, pasued and stood looking at the car with me by it and excalimed "Holy fuck man, nice wheels". He then muttered to himself as he walked of "Lovely man, just lovely, lovely, lovely" lol. I felt proud to be an owner that day.

However, the MOST MEMORABLE moment I've had so far was when I was parked outside Dorridge station waiting for my GF and a little toddler walked past with his dad, jumped up and down excitedly and shouted "Whooa Dad, look at that cool sports car!!!".

That made me smile more than anything else. To think a 3-4 year old kid could get so excited and love a 13 year old car. Reminds me of me! :)

Only happened to me once when came out of Asda, had parked at the back of the car park and as we were walking towards the car noticed 2 people taking pictures of it, they walked off as we approached which was worrying but they must've just been taking pics.

Got loads of people dribbling (not literally, before anyone says!) over the Supras when we went to the Nurburgring last year - Supes are even more rare over there it seems. :thumbs: Loads of people taking photos; nearly ran one guy over as he jumped out in front of me, lol.

That because he hadn't seen you as he was too interested in getting a good shot of my car :):)[sHOCK][/sHOCK]:taped:

I get it all the time, people hanging out windows of cars and on the parcel shelf taking photos. I also get cars stopping in the road waiting for me to pull into the same road so they can take a look. The best ones has to be at shows when people stop you driving past or take pictures when you pass them - do you smile or keep driving??