The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bricking it this morning

Mike M

Trying to get to work this morning and found the only road to get me to the main DCW is totally submerged due the the river having burst it's banks.

Seen two cars getting through from a distance so I thought it cant be too bad so I'll take it nice and slow 2nd gear. This was fine for the first part that was just like a deep puddle but then the feckin water started coming right over the bonnet, Ohh sh't not good. I slowed down even more and escaped unscathed thankfully.

I'm sure there's a lesson to be learnt here. lol

arent you worried about the water being forced up the exhaust? especially on big bore ones

if youve got no choice but to go through water like that turn your car round and go through backwards as this makes a bow wave and the water doesnt get near the engine bay

or fit a snorkel :D

arent you worried about the water being forced up the exhaust? especially on big bore ones

Nope you have to keep the revs up and then no probs, well not on my paris dakar style Range Rover which had a 3" bore exhaust, been through lots of very deep water with it, have some photo's somewhere of water over the roof and coming in through the air vents, i'll see if i can find them and get them scanned and post them up.

was big into my off roading a few years ago and never had a problem through water

not advisable in a supra though:d

Nope you have to keep the revs up and then no probs, well not on my paris dakar style Range Rover which had a 3" bore exhaust, been through lots of very deep water with it, have some photo's somewhere of water over the roof and coming in through the air vents, i'll see if i can find them and get them scanned and post them up.

was big into my off roading a few years ago and never had a problem through water

not advisable in a supra though:d

Yeah that's what worried me slightly so I kept the revs up. MR2's dont like deep water either, you cant see out the back window for the steam.:D

Seen some smart Landys up here with snorkels, would love a shot.

Yeah that's what worried me slightly so I kept the revs up. MR2's dont like deep water either, you cant see out the back window for the steam.:D

Seen some smart Landys up here with snorkels, would love a shot.

Mine had full roll cage 4.6 V8, bucket seats, 5 point harness's fully stripped out, special diffs twin shocks per wheel and went just about anywhere.

I had to drive through a puddle today too :( its flooded there evry time it rains.. just by a bridge which is obviously crap. the other day i had to go around as it was so deep, people still drive through it its mad!

I've driven through at least 2ft of water in the supra, with one of my company directors on board. The road was littered with dead cars as well, but I figured the air intake is high up in the bay, and the bow wave will protect it.

It worked as well.

It really annoys me when I see people scared to drive through a puddle thats just lapping the kerbside. All of 4" deep at the edge.

Yesterday in front of startled onlookers a 59 year old woman in the Cotswolds tried driving her Volkswagen through 5 feet of submerged road! They tried stopping her but she just carried on. Of course it conked out and she had to escape out through the drivers window and be rescued by the fire brigade.

The pictures in the water are before it got modified, no snorkel either.

The other picture is after i modded it and was taken in the Sahara Desert

yeah, good pics nice bow wave lol. Maybe slightly deeper than I was going through.:)

Guest Phillw454
Trying to get to work this morning and found the only road to get me to the main DCW is totally submerged due the the river having burst it's banks.

Seen two cars getting through from a distance so I thought it cant be too bad so I'll take it nice and slow 2nd gear. This was fine for the first part that was just like a deep puddle but then the feckin water started coming right over the bonnet, Ohh sh't not good. I slowed down even more and escaped unscathed thankfully.

I'm sure there's a lesson to be learnt here. lol

I wouldv just gone home and said im ill:)

cool pics, in the first one are you driving up a river??:D

The 1st picture is in a very long ford that crosses a small river which had flooded, getting grip was the worst part as the water flow was quite strong and was picking the Range Rover up and pushing it sideways and got quite interesting :D