The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Found some AXIS HIRO - But not Stamped? Help.

M4RK RZ

Hi all,

Ok so i found a good price on AXIS hiro wheels....... But im not sure if hey are real?

I went to a guy who is a good dealer, well known and quite genuine.

He had a sample 'hiro' wheel in stock 19 inch. It was pulled out of a box that said "daremotorsport.com" down the side and 'Hiro' - also the centre cap said 'Dare' on it and the spoke was NOT stamped with the AXIS logo.

He explained that this was the second production run of the wheel and the stamp had been removed but the quality of the wheel was greater........

hmmmmmm

suggestions? ideas? they came in at £20 under the ebay 19'' version with Eagle F1 all round too....... an with mid range tyres over £150 cheaper.

confused :blink:

Well,

I have just spoken to a wholesale guy on the phone who deals with AXIS - or should I say 'did' until the company ceased to exist recently .

The first batch did indeed have the axis stamped on a spoke - where as the latter batch do NOT have it stamped on the spoke. So basicaly it is a question of if you like them without the stamp or not. (infact the gloss black were never stamped just provided with graphic detail)

Axis have sold exclusive to dare who then distrbute to further sellers - hence the caps.

Ta DAAA ! lol

So they are originals but do not have the stamp.

what to do...... I do like the stamp :( lol

Anyone got a set of 19'' in gloss black 9.5J split sized fronts ? with stamp?

I was looking at these wheels about 6 months ago. Its near impossible to find authentic Axis Hiro in the uk........i was told because the axe/dare hiro replicas are much cheaper people were going for these instead, and distributers were struggling to shift the origionals(they are at least £500 cheaper for a set I think)

IMHO the wheels look much better with AXIS imprinted in the alloy........but unless you want to get them from the US or can find some second hand its gonna be much easier and cheaper to get the Dare or Axe hiros instead.

Good luck.

my origionals are a touch too tight for my breaks. am using 3mm spacers, although im sure theyre available to fit. i just got a good deal on mine 2nd hand so...

Axis Hiros have been designed for big brakes. The UK calipers are certainly no problem.

So how much did he quote for these 19" Dare Hiros with tyres?? I was getting quotes for about £1500-£1600 with Eagle F1s.

Sorry for late reply. £1295:Pling:

I was wondering about the back wheel too - im going for the big 10.5J dish - anyone got this ? and do the spokes reach back slightly?