The mkiv Supra Owners Club

manifold

couv3z

hi,

i'm new to this site, i've a had a couple of cars done a little modding but as normal new car means new makes some new rules, same mods

can anyone recommend a good manifold i have a sz 3l n/a

also as the supra has 2 cats will it pass a MOT with only one cat?

thank you in advance:)

If you want faster power delivery - decat your Supra - at MoT time you just need to keep first one - should get through. You can change crank pulley to BL one - costs 200 pounds, but because it is lighter than oem one, you should get faster response on low rpms. Stock airfilter is recognised as a one of the best, if you fancy better look, you can put Apexi Power Air intake system - problem is that Apexi just gone bankrupt :p Their filters are best in Jap tests tho :) I do not know if there is any point in changing manifold - relation money/power is kinda crap...

You can always go single - if you have spare 5k that is :D

If you want faster power delivery - decat your Supra - at MoT time you just need to keep first one - should get through. You can change crank pulley to BL one - costs 200 pounds, but because it is lighter than oem one, you should get faster response on low rpms. Stock airfilter is recognised as a one of the best, if you fancy better look, you can put Apexi Power Air intake system - problem is that Apexi just gone bankrupt :p Their filters are best in Jap tests tho :) I do not know if there is any point in changing manifold - relation money/power is kinda crap...

You can always go single - if you have spare 5k that is :D

single turbo is a future idea already have a loan to pay but can afford a few hundred to do a few lil things so new crank pulleys please tell me more :)

Hmmm, I shall have to look into this..

I'm sure there is something more to it than just the weight, I believe there is also something to do with the way the two rings absorb rotational force.

Remember the stock one is designed for the weight and resonance frequencies of the stock crank, mess about with this and all sorts of problems could creep in.

I'm not expert, this idea was based on what BL is saying about their product (and good reputation of them at Supra market) and few opinions on this forum - this topic was discussed some time ago , let me find it...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=98765&highlight=crank+pulley

Few worthy opinions and nice discussion about alloy pulleys.

Well done Gav, was searching out that link myself :)

That BL crank pulley is only for serious race applications where engine longevity is not a consideration. It is in no way designed to be used on daily drivers or engines not specifically designed to use one. It may last fairly well in one, but that’s at the expense of other components.

konio-nt, I'd prefer you gain some understand of these products before recommending them to members, especially new ones who may not know the normal modification routes.

I'm not expert, this idea was based on what BL is saying about their product (and good reputation of them at Supra market) and few opinions on this forum - this topic was discussed some time ago , let me find it...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=98765&highlight=crank+pulley

Few worthy opinions and nice discussion about alloy pulleys.

Erm, doesn't everyone in that thread (well those that know what they're talking about) say that its a BAD idea to use an undamped pulley? :blink: Plus, its totally irrelevant on an NA anyway.

I thought BL one IS dampened...

"The outer pulley is made of lightweight aluminum. What's even better is that it is SFI approved, fully dampened, and is lighter than stock."

http://www.boostlogic.com/parts/supra/info_supra_Damper.html

Also:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=1278643&postcount=65

I cannot discuss this too much as i'm NOT expert, just thought that Boostlogic is kinda recognized and serious company, not bunch of garage "engineers".