The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The 2JZ Black Hole!

Tricky-Ricky

This must be the fourth 6mm bolt that has disappeared into the labyrinth of nooks and crannies that the engine seems to consist of, never to be seen again:( i have never seen another engine that can eat so many nuts & bolts:search: and this was one of the stainless allen cam cover bolts, complete with rubber and metal washers, i am thinking its just a matter of time before one resurfaces in a moving part, belt or alternator:(

I feel your pain mate!... I've lost loads doing various things on the engine, but they're not on the drive, I didn't have an undertray back then, and literally hours with the pickup tool brought back nothing!...

...............and if you think Supra engine bays are bad you should try an S-type Jag!! I just spent 45min trying to retrieve a sidelight bulb that dropped down into the main headlight. I finally got it out with a wire coat hanger and some bluetac and a bucket load of patience:) only to promptly drop it somewhere outside the light and now can't see hide nor hair of the bugger:(

From what I can work out so far, in order to take the light unit out I'd need to rempve the undertray, remove the front bumper, upper palstic trim and a few other bits. Something as simple as changing a bulb is near impossible if you're older than 12 years (tiny hands required) :( :( God knows how I'm gonna get my HIDs in there LOL

lol, reminds me, I spent a good day taking a gearbox out once out on the street with nothing but some axle stands. Changed the clutch and put it all back in , job was just about done and then a socket fell in the hole where the clutch arm goes, into the bell housing - damn that was anoying lol

there is always worse, just don't drop anything in the oil filler ;)

Don't know if anyone else has done this but the first time i took off the under tray, and found that it weighed a ton! due to the oil residue from all of it oil changes, and enough water to fill a rad:blink: i then proceeded to rip all of the sound deadening material off it, found a couple of nuts in that, so now if you drop something and it actually makes it to the tray, you just need to give it a few bangs to reveal the lost bolt;)

Lol, this reminded me of something I did last year, I left early morning once in the soop and the oil light popped on and off for sec, so I pulled over checked the levels but put my wallet down, closed the bonnet and went on my way as everything was ok, a few mins down the road I look for my wallet and can't find it,I think shit I must have left it by the side of the road so turn round go back to the same spot and it's not there, crap! for second I thought have I done something silly and it is actually in the car then nope still not here so I retraced my steps and popped the bonnet up and there it was, my wallet lying on the rad up against the fan shoud!, it's was so hot!lol! I was damn lucky too as I was driving down the M25 at over 100 leptons and bumps!

Magnetic pickup tool! Lifesaver!

i bought a small telesopic one and a bigger one that can pick up 8lb in weight for £2 from car boot sale

i dropped a fuel rail adapter to -6 an fitting in engine when i was fitting fuel dampner buypass.good job i had a spare one on fuel fit

also got a small magnetic tray for £1 thought it might come in handy