The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra's and Women, do they mix?

Guest Wannabe

Guest Wannabe

Have been looking at buying a supra for a while now and my wife has never really shown any interest, but now all of a sudden she's really keen for me to get one. I think she's planning to drive it on the odd occasion, not sure I'm too keen on that thou. I know there are female club members, but my wife is a womans woman and I think it could be abit of a disaster. Do any of the guys let there other halfs drive they pride and joys?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wannabe

By "she's a women's women, I mean she has no mechanical interest in cars, she picks a car by colour and the fabric on the seats.

My Wife had no real interest in the car but is warming to it! She moans/nag's about the money side of things but she has driven it a couple of times and really enjoyed it! but she's not a great driver TBH and openly says that! and after a demonstration after going single she asked to be taken off the insurance as she said there is no way she would feel comfortable driving the car.

She moans/nag's about the money side of things

My g/f doesn't say much about the money - although her eyes go a bit wide when the Porsche is serviced and she mutters "it seems such a waste - all the other things we could do with that money". She's wrong there though - 'cos it's MY money!

She didn't look too impressed when I was looking at 993TT ads over the last few weeks - I think she's happy I decided I don't want one.

My missus Vicki wants to have ago in the Supra but she's 6.1/2 months pregnant and is only small, so she is worried that with the bump her small frame she won't be able to reach the pedals!!:D

I am a little worried about her going out in it as she is a good driver but she can't manouver for piss!!:rolleyes:

H.

The only person I let drive my Supe is my Dad, and I'm a very nervous passenger when that happens!

Exactly the same as me, I got my Dad to take the Sup out for a spin every now and again when I was banned, and I turned into the most road respecting nervous passenger ever...

I would say I'd get worried about people taking it out for a spin when I leave it with a garage, but Jody's car's much nicer than mine so I think I'm safe there... lol

i'd be a little wary of "anyone" driving it who has never driven a RWD drive car or at least has no concept of the difference from FWD.....

My old man's driven RWD back in his day, but nowadays drives auto's due to him having arthritis in his right leg (Aswell as many plates and pins)... He managed it pretty well, as long as I reminded him to use the clutch and what gear he was in... lol

My wife doesn't drive, and doesn't mind the Supra if i don't drive it like its meant to be driven:rolleyes: which is strange as she loves bikes, and doesn't mind if i ride like a nutter:search: but unfortunately i had to sell the bike a while ago due to old injuries causing me too much pain:(

By "she's a women's women, I mean she has no mechanical interest in cars, she picks a car by colour and the fabric on the seats.

Ah, well in that case she sounds the same as my other half Sabrina who can be found on here as How_supra and owns her own supra now. It's white and i put the spare on :D

thin ice and walking come to mind:d but i think females driving sports car look great just not mine as my girlfriend well knows, her alloys have a special relationship with kurbs which mine dont want to get involved in.

Lol.

Mine loves it and wants to do all the cosmetic things, respray, seats and big brakes. All i wanna do is make it go faster!