The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mot and emissions question?

Guest gzaerojon

Guest gzaerojon

i'm having a set of turbos fitted very soon as my old ones are knackered (smoking very badly) i live about 130 miles from turbofit who will be fitting these for me.

my question is will the smoke from my current turbos effect emissions on the mot? i need to get the car through an mot before i can drive to turbofit. catch 22 i think :(

Guest gzaerojon
Do you not have any mates that can do mots? ;)

i have actually, but the really cr@p design of his garage makes it impossible to drive the soop in :(

i'm having a set of turbos fitted very soon as my old ones are knackered (smoking very badly) i live about 130 miles from turbofit who will be fitting these for me.

my question is will the smoke from my current turbos effect emissions on the mot? i need to get the car through an mot before i can drive to turbofit. catch 22 i think :(

Hi Jon,

As you know I'm having tubbie problems to mate - oil seals most likely and they're smoking a little.

I'm going to Turbofit next week and so will have my MOT done there too as it expires in March. I would like to know their policy around the 1st or 2nd CAT though as I'm full decat.:eyebrows:

I'd suggest you get everything done at TF matey ;)

Good luck.

Greg

Guest gzaerojon
Hi Jon,

As you know I'm having tubbie problems to mate - oil seals most likely and they're smoking a little.

I'm going to Turbofit next week and so will have my MOT done there too as it expires in March. I would like to know their policy around the 1st or 2nd CAT though as I'm full decat.:eyebrows:

I'd suggest you get everything done at TF matey ;)

Good luck.

Greg

thanks Greg, i didn't know they sort out mot's?

that is an ideal solution though, but i am just wondering on the legal side of things, i know i can drive to an mot station without an mot if i am booked in, but 120 miles when there are mot places closer i'm not sure i could get away with it

does anyone know if i can legally do this?