The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Feel like Crying, I've had enough - The Supra will be going

Sheefa

Bloody hell guys I'm feeling so low right now.:cry:

After all the work I've had done on my care and the ££££s spent over the last 8 months, this really is the last straw.:banghead:

Got in the car yesterday t get some fuel for a trip to Newbury, no problems with the drive. Came back onto the drive, set turbo timer to 3 minutes and came indoors. I was caning her a bit on that journey, but let her cool down for 5 mins.

Went back out to start her up and start the journey after 10 mins packing inside, slowly crept off y drive and got down the road about 20 metres when and I heard a 'pop'. Next thing I know is there are plumes of smoke and burning oil coming out of my exhaust.:rolleyes: I have no idea what it is, but am thinking the turbos.:(

As some of you may know, only 9 weeks ago I had a new FMIC, Rad, RLTC, Crank Damper, Cambelt and other stuff fitted by Chris Wilson. Everything checked out A-OK.

Now if it's the turbos I'm looking at £3k.:scare: I'm hoping it's the head gasket as it's streaming white smoke, or was, but who knows. I'm not gonna start her up again.:faint:

I could be out of the Dragonball this year after being all paid up. I feel physically sick thinking about the money I've spent (nearly twice the value of the car if it is the turbos) and I do feel like crying.:cry:

Suffice to say, she'll be gone as soon as she's repaired or scrapped. It is a bad day, but this car is an Omen.:taped:

Greg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest gzaerojon

Greg mate, sorry to read this :(

my turbos have gone as well, i picked up a really good second hand set for £250 (i think that's the going rate) and I'm getting turbo fit to do the work, it'll be well under £1000 once done, i know it's still a bugger paying out more money but at least the turbo's can be done for less than you think :)

chin up mate, your lights are looking good ;)

Thanks for the comments guys, support and offer of turbos. Cheers Jon too for the mention of Turbofit - was going to give them a shout if it is them anyway.

I'm just so annoyed. I never see to have the car back for more than 2 months before something else goes very expensively wrong. I'm gutted. :(

chin up mate, find out exactly whats wrong first, can you honestly imagine driving a lesser car :)

Nope. I can't imagine it mate, but at this rate of cost, expense and general hassle/stress/grief, it is without a doubt the best way forward.

Has anyone got any advice on how I can check what's gone? I don't want to start her up and do more damage, but I really need helps. If it's the head gasket, are they 'cheaper' to replace than the tubbies? :search:

Gutted for you mate. Dont go getting rid tho. Like pig said you're running out of things to go wrong. Once its fixed you'll appreciate her even more. And after spending money getting her how you want her you'll regret it.

Check your coolant levels first mate - that should give you a good indication of whether or not it's a BHG.

As previously stated, second-hand turbos can be got for not a huge amount of money and not too bad to fit yourself if you're reasonably competent with the spanners - have a garage party and invite a few members along - bring a socket-set type of thing:) :)

Keep your chin up mate - hopefully it'll work out in the end dude.

Thanks guys. I'll check the coolant levels now, but I could smell burning as assuming it is something worse.

I know turbos can be had for a good price now so not that bad, just hoping the bill comes in under £2k. If it's a £3k job, maybe an opportunity to go small single if that's possible with that sum of money:innocent:

Just a quick question that 'might' help assess the cause. I did top up the expansion tank for the FMIC with some anti-freeze yersterday, only a little mind to the 3/4 bottle mark as it was only a 1/3 full. Would this of had an impact?

Also, does anyone know if Phoenix Motorsports in Watford offer a warranty? These hybrids were only fitted in MAY 2006!! They're Envy Stage 3's.

Just a quick question that 'might' help assess the cause. I did top up the expansion tank for the FMIC with some anti-freeze yersterday, only a little mind to the 3/4 bottle mark as it was only a 1/3 full. Would this of had an impact?

Also, does anyone know if Phoenix Motorsports in Watford offer a warranty? These hybrids were only fitted in MAY 2006!! They're Envy Stage 3's.

If there is any warranty it wont be from pheonix as they just fitted them, the warranty would be from Envy, but dont jump the gun yet, get the car to someone that know what theere looking at Greg

Guest Nicholas

chin up mate, I bought my car for £16,500 and have spent £2500 in two and a half months of ownership :)

It's all worth it in the end :cool: