The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats the score with the n/a

Guest mrjud

Guest mrjud

basically i sold my tt last june and regretted if everyday.

now looking to buy another supra and just wondered how the na went I'm not expecting it to be a slouch but just how well do they go.

my tt was awesome and loved it but i don't want to start on the wrong foot by buying a n/a and not being happy with the lack of power.

but its the main wow factor of a nicly kitted supra i'm after again.

as already said don't want to be selling it in 1 months time because it hasn't got the umph.

is there any benifits of the n/a over the tt and don't say insurance or fuel as the insurance will cost me 57pence more for a tt.

thanks people

I've had a TT in the past, but am still happy with the power of my NA. My other car also feels noticeably quicker - but the NA is still quick enough for me.

I think CJ is right - you need to try one. However - I also think that the fact that you're asking this question means that the power / acceleration is very important to you and I think that means you are unlikely to be happy with an NA. You will always be comparing it to your TT and it will always feel much slower.

If I were you I would take one out mate. Opinions count for nothing really - driving one yourself does. :)

^^^ Yeah that!! I have had an NA for 4 weeks and though I wouldn't use the word "disappointed" i would definitely say that I expected a wee bit more. I did drive a few before I bought it aswell. With the NA you really have to give it some welly for it to go quick!

H.

Guest mrjud

sounds like a tt again then

when i sold the supra i bought a :( vectra sold that within a week and bought a skyline didn't like that so bught a 200sxs14a played with that for a while then it got pinched so just looking for another supra. thanks for the opinions people i'll try to buy one from off here but as prices seem to be dropping elsewhere (apart from garages) i have pm'd a few on here but no-one has replied yet we'll see what happens;)

Guest nothingbetta

My N/A is by no means slow and theres plenty of power but if you want a car thats gonna blow others away then id go back to a tt, but theres always the risk of the turbos going.So as a plus you could say the na is not so expensive when things go wrong :D

Plus you could always do a turbo conversion to an na?

TBH Depends what you want

Looks and realiability go for the NA

If you just want balls out perforamance oh and the looks buy the TT

TBH i loved my NA Supra and unlike many TT's you read about that are always in some workshop being repaired or whatever ( That is not a dig by the way guys !!)

I actually drove my NA as a everyday car it was SUPERB on fuel (it runs rings around my current car a Skyline in the fuel dept ) and it never missed a beat, i used it and drove it and was never constantley have to take it to the garage and paying out redicoulous bills

Personally my choice would be a Manual in NA form, i drove loads of Autos first which i felt to be no quicker than my previuos car a FTO unless really pushed, the Manual on the other hand flys.

Performnace wise as long as you keep it in what NA owners call the Magic 5500rpm they hussle

My NA was a 5spd Manual and 0 - 60 was 6 secs dead and in the "real world" on the road that aint slow

My mods were full HKS Induction kit ,cold Air feed , Heatsheild and Jap 5in Trail exhaust

End of the day its your choice just weigh up the pros and Cons , The NA is a good every day user package and a lot cheaper to run and maintain

I actually drove my NA as a everyday car it was SUPERB on fuel (it runs rings around my current car a Skyline in the fuel dept ) and it never missed a beat, i used it and drove it and was never constantley have to take it to the garage and paying out redicoulous bills

:yeahthat:

I went for an NA first but that lasted all of 3 months before I found that I needed more power so bought a TT. I could never go back to an NA now. But thats just me. Don't go buying an NA unless you are 100% sure that you can live with it. If you're not 100% sure then you might as well save some more money and get a TT.