The mkiv Supra Owners Club

non-sequential turbo

Guest Kong

As mentioned, it's been done many times. Low down loss of torque, yet more noise, above 4k, no difference. Waste of time IMO.

Take no notice,:p try it you may like it;) these single turbo snobs should know better, it like having a small single;)

(The TTC splinter group Strikes again:tongue: :p )

Take no notice,:p try it you may like it;) these single turbo snobs should know better, it like having a small single;)

(The TTC splinter group Strikes again:tongue: :p )

I agree actually, I love this mod and since doing it I've saved rather a lot of petrol money :)

Yes it's a little noisier but it depends what you want from your car I guess. I had an MR2 Turbo with a Nur Spec a few years back so i'm not afraid of a little volume!

If you have manual you can file up a blanking plate to stop the use of 5th and 6th gears, and if you have an LSD you can take the plates out to make it an open diff. Join the heater hoses together, under the bonnet, and you can get rid of the hot air, and you can add the final touches by fitting an N/A clutxch, so it will slip. (:)) There are other, more complex ways of undoing the milions of pounds of development that Toyota put into this car, but try the above for nowe and see if it's still too fast and "developed". Come back here if you need more ideas ;)

If you have manual you can file up a blanking plate to stop the use of 5th and 6th gears, and if you have an LSD you can take the plates out to make it an open diff. Join the heater hoses together, under the bonnet, and you can get rid of the hot air, and you can add the final touches by fitting an N/A clutxch, so it will slip. (:)) There are other, more complex ways of undoing the milions of pounds of development that Toyota put into this car, but try the above for nowe and see if it's still too fast and "developed". Come back here if you need more ideas ;)

The man say no...no...no (sung to the Amy winehouse song)...:p

:rlol:

Chris, sometimes I wish you just speak your mind and say what you really think. :D

lol :D

I always believe honesty is the best policy and hence Chris is the best person to ask for a No Bullshit response! Good work Chris. :)

So, if I asked you to do the TTC mod on my car, your advice would be..........?:innocent:

So that would also apply to anyone who has gone single then Chris, as it takes away all the millions of pounds of development that Toyota put into this car:p

I suppose, in all seriousness, a single conversion is a cheap and dirty way to get more power. A clean sheet, open cheque book approach might be to create a bigger capacity sequential set up. For sure it could be done, wouldn't be that technically hard, but WOULD cost a vast amount of money.

How vast is vast, Chris?

I would guess, using castings, 20 to 30 K, using tube manifolds and fabricated stuff, maybe 15 to 20K? Hard to say without doing drawings and weighing it all up. You'd be VERY unlikely to package it all properly in a RHD car, with steering column and brake servo / master cylinder in the way. Probablly a lot simpler on a LHD car. No one that wasn't certifiable would want to spend that much developing this on a commercial basis on such am elderly car. But it definitely could be done. Add on management system and a lot of complex mapping to the above, BTW :)