The mkiv Supra Owners Club

right a few questions/queries

mathew

here goes...

1: has anyone got fibreglass skirts and is the finish,as in painted finish,different to that of the polyurethane (i think) type?

2: with the visual mismatch, at times, with regards the rear bumper and quicksilver paint. will this also be an issue whe skirts and spats are fitted and sprayed quicksilver or will the be no difference?

3: peples views, or pics if possible, on black spoked weels on a quicksilver supe.

4: would there be need to lower a supe with oem skirts on and on 18's?

1. no idea mate, id guess not as you have to spray them with primer first anyway.

2. there will be a difference due to the current items being old and weathered whilst the new ones are freshly painted. but a good bodyshop should be able to blend them in i wouldve thought

3. i like black rims on silver sup's - as long as it has enough black to go with them i.e. c/f hood, etc

4. theres no excuses to NOT lower a sup :D

theres my £2 worth, hope it helps, good luck :thumbs:

Can't help on the first three sorry.

I'm on 18s with stock suspension without any sideskirts. At times I think a slight lowering would improve the look, but overall I think I'd only change the suspension for handling purposes, and any lowering involved would be a bonus. IMO there's no need, as such, to lower it, only if you don't like the stock suspension (either cosmetically or from a driving point of view).

here goes...

1: has anyone got fibreglass skirts and is the finish,as in painted finish,different to that of the polyurethane (i think) type?

2: with the visual mismatch, at times, with regards the rear bumper and quicksilver paint. will this also be an issue whe skirts and spats are fitted and sprayed quicksilver or will the be no difference?

3: peples views, or pics if possible, on black spoked weels on a quicksilver supe.

4: would there be need to lower a supe with oem skirts on and on 18's?

1) IME fibreglass is massively inferior to polyurethane (or OEM skirts). The finish on fibre will never match plastic and will never resist knocks like the plastic can

2) No clue what you're on about!

3) Can't see that working at all.

4) There is no need to lower a supra. It depends what you're after, driveabilty or looks. The OEM skirts look fine on any supra, even ones only slightly lowered. The wheel diamter has nothing to do with ride height though, it the tyres you fit. Try and aim for something that replicates the stock wheel/tyre combo and you should be fine

homer : with my quicksilver in certain light the rear bumper looks a completely different shade of silver to that on the rest of the body. so was wondering would the skirts and spats stand out as much in certain light or is it just the shape of the bumper that gives this effect

homer : with my quicksilver in certain light the rear bumper looks a completely different shade of silver to that on the rest of the body. so was wondering would the skirts and spats stand out as much in certain light or is it just the shape of the bumper that gives this effect

If it stands out then it'll have been repainted at some point, probably best just getting it repainted and matched better. Having the spats won't make any difference - it's matching the paint thats the hard part (Silvers and reds are very hard to match)