The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oh Dear, Had A Crash Today

Supra ST Myster

Yep happend to me, gutted to say the least...

Going round a big round about back end went, up the curb along the grass and smack into one of the arrow direction signs, hit front corner, light smashed, bumper gone, bonnet knackered, door dented and side mirror smashed.. looks like i missed the main crash bar as thats still fine, but just smashed to the right of it so light and battery went back a bit, rad pushed back a bit too doesnt look like any creases ect so hoping is just cosmetics and i need a new tranny oil cooler as that dented as it sat in the corner, leaking coolant to..

also the car does seem to drive, its an Auto but when you select gear is just revs, anyone know what may of happend here, dont want to go through insurance as im in no rush to repair it and they would prob write it off anyway, gota pay the council i gues for a new sign...

oh yeah, bent 2 of my wheels two..

The side quater panel seems ok, its at the tow place now and getting it delivered back me as its going to sit im my garage look sorry for its self, source new quaters and bonnet, already have a bumper but i can buy the metal bit that goes across the front, whats that called, dont have any pics till monday when i get it back, will take off sides and that to see damage, what do i need to look for for chassis damage, where are the points?

/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh no, gutted for you Emin :(

Best bet is to strip the front bumper and lights and check the crash bar still fits perfect. that at least should tell you if the chassis rail is still in the right general area. Also get the battery out and check for any signs of a crease or stretch on the inner wing. Probably best to get it on a jig if you have any doubts.

You won't be able to see chassis damage by looking. It will need to be set on a jig. Only a few mill' out will make a difference to the handling. Unfortunately, it is possible you will find more damage when you strip the car out.

The panel across the front is the bumper reinforcement bar which is around 45 pound.

I have just had a supra jigged and repaired (front ender). Let me know if i can help in any way.

just so i am clear the crash bar is the 2 square bits that sit below the headlights yes? how do i know if they have been moved?

Cant belive this has happened, just the last straw really... police where good to me and said it was a sad sight to see, not looking forward to the council bill, gona be a oke i reckon for a poxy small pole..

You won't be able to see chassis damage by looking. It will need to be set on a jig. Only a few mill' out will make a difference to the handling. Unfortunately, it is possible you will find more damage when you strip the car out.

The panel across the front is the bumper reinforcement bar which is around 45 pound.

I have just had a supra jigged and repaired (front ender). Let me know if i can help in any way.

thanks mate, think i will be in touch, can i just book my car in for it to go on a jig?? how much does it cost?

just so i am clear the crash bar is the 2 square bits that sit below the headlights yes? how do i know if they have been moved?

The two square bits at the front are the chassis rails themselves, the crash bar is a light aluminium bart that connects the two (its not structural). I'll try and find a pic...

Guest Phillw454

sorry to hear that mate:(

never a good thing when you damage your car let alone a supra!! i hope you get it all fixed up and better then before!!

Glad your ok though!! Thats the main thing:)

ok, this isnt my car but couldnt find any other bits of the front, i have marked out on there the bits that got damaged

Hmm, that bit that you marked as missing can't really be missing as its the chassis rail. Here's a better pic, hope it helps.

chassis rails.jpg

those bits you have circled are fine, i hit just to the right of the right one, i think if i went into that bit it would be a different story..

Thats good news then (well you know what I mean!). There are two relays strapped to the side of that rail so they may be contributing to some problems, however I think they're only controlling the rad fans so won't explain the gbox issue.