The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA to TT Conversion finished! Pics

iain2010

As a few of you know my car has been at interpro having a NA to TT conversion. I went without the car for nearly three months due to the heater matrix going and then the engine conversion :rolleyes:

The plan started out to try and get 270BHP out of my NA engine so i called up Martin at Mkiv store and got it booked in. They did the first power run and my car was only running 200BHP. It was decided that there was no point working on this engine as there was obviously something wrong with it.

It was agreed that a TT conversion would be carried out using my 5 speed box and an uprated clutch. Uprate teins and a greddy boost controller where also ordered. I then got a bit excited and decided to go BPU! :p

Picked up the car last friday and i havent stopped smiling since!It runs like a dream! On low boost 0.8 bar it was dynoed at 358.5 and hi boost 1.0 bar it was dynoed at 397.5.

The plan is to run 1.1 bar when i have chance to put the second decat on but i think ill wait until it have my RLTC fitted before i do that!!:p

I want to say a huge thanks to Jody T who has done an excellent job! He has been there every step of the way and the work he has carried out is second to non:thumbs:

I also want to say thanks to Martin although it took a couple of months to get my car back he kept to his word throughout the conversion and everything he said he would do he did.

Ill stop waffling in a bit just want to thank Supradibbs for the excellent front seat retrims! The quality is excellent! :D

Oh yeah im also thinking about getting shot of that spoiler! Its a little too big! Anyone got any sugestions?

can i ask, what kinda price range was charged for a NA- TT swap? Looks great.

Car looks ace too!

Thanks! ;)

For just supply and fitting the engine it worked out around £3200 all in but then depending on what gear box your using there is clutch, suspension and break upgrades that will cost extra. Oh yeah and def an LSD if your NA doesnt have one!

Congratulations Iain :thumbs:

Let me know if I can help with the rear wing, my favourites are the TRD and Ab Flug ones.

TRD S Type

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=98103

Ab Flug Type I

http://abflug.jp/products/SUPLA80/manager/upfile/16_143130f82c4271.jpg

http://abflug.jp/products/SUPLA80/manager/upfile/14_143130d4725762.jpg

Also see JamieP's garage for pics of the Ab Flug wing

I can vouch for this car being bloody fast! You should have seen Iains face when i took him out in it (on low boost :D ) we came off a Round about onto the straight and i let her go! Tyres were scrabbling for grip... Iain was very suprised! Once he felt the acceleration he realised why i had advised him to get the diff and the suspension... The 5 Speed box and RPS clutch seem to be holding just fine....

Im sure its not the first 5speed TT, but im so impressed with it im gonna use the 5speed on my VVTi TT lump...

Iain, ide go with the standard spoiler, the cars running the OEM kit... And IMO the nicest..

Thanks for all your positve comment guys! Im well chuffed! Anyone that is thinking about going from NA to TT i highly recommend it! If there is a better sound than those turbos spinning up ive never heard it!!! :)

Dude why didnt you tell me when you came up last Saturday!

Looks great! :)

I was going to mate but you really looked half asleep!! LMAO.

Look forward to meeting a few of you at the Thor dyno day.

If anyone is interested in getting the conversion done! Id definatly recommend calling Jody T and the guys at interpro top work!

Nic ill have a think on what spiler to go for and be in touch! :thumbs:

I can vouch for this car being bloody fast! You should have seen Iains face when i took him out in it (on low boost :D ) we came off a Round about onto the straight and i let her go! Tyres were scrabbling for grip... Iain was very suprised! Once he felt the acceleration he realised why i had advised him to get the diff and the suspension... The 5 Speed box and RPS clutch seem to be holding just fine....

Im sure its not the first 5speed TT, but im so impressed with it im gonna use the 5speed on my VVTi TT lump...

Iain, ide go with the standard spoiler, the cars running the OEM kit... And IMO the nicest..

How dare you drive my baby like that!!!!! :p lol Ive just started getting use to her now. I still drive like a girl tho! I keep letting off the gas just before turbo 2 comes online! :rolleyes: I was honestly really worried about how the tracton would be but the geometric setup you did it amazing! Yeah ive got no problem with the clutch and gearbox. Maybe a 6 speed conversion later on but i cant see how i can justify £2.5k when i can pick up a 5 speed for £150?!? Thanks so much for everything Jody!