The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats the carpet made of?

M4RK RZ

It's a special fibre developed for Toyota, hollow strands to reduce weight.

Or something like that, treat it as synthetics and you should be OK but there are plenty of others on here who have done theirs so they can probably advise further...

I belive wayne (supradibbs) does them £150 exchanged for a dye'd carpet

Ah, i know - going to do it myself tho :) £150 is alot to turn something black in my opinion.

And besides I like doing sutff - even if I do turn myself green :D :d

It's a special fibre developed for Toyota, hollow strands to reduce weight.

Or something like that, treat it as synthetics and you should be OK but there are plenty of others on here who have done theirs so they can probably advise further...

Cheers mate :) I never knew that about the carpet!

Ah, i know - going to do it myself tho :) £150 is alot to turn something black in my opinion.

And besides I like doing sutff - even if I do turn myself green :D :d

If you are good at it and it works out for you then maybe as a hobby :innocent: ;) you can do it for fellow members at a better rate?

I just checked the ebay link and there is no dye on there anymore - I have found a couple of places tho elsewhere :)

Totaly off topic - Charlotte Church would proper get it !

Damn, missed it, and Noel Fielding was on it too.

If your not very tech minded but willing would it be to much a challenge to try and do yourself? Or would it be the case of heres £150 thank you very much?

Depends... if you are technically able enough to remove your carpets in the first place then it is a no-brainer ;) Other than that if you are no good with shizz, and removing car trim + seats are not your cup-o-tea then get someone else to do it at a price, but you will find it is more than £150 at the end of it :D

Going to do mine shortly. I just know I am going to look like the B&W Minstrals tribute band afterwards :(