The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Smashed my bumper. Do u think its repairable? Pics

Guest alexmslv

Guest alexmslv

Hi

Was mad day yesterday. :( And the worst thing was - I smashed my front bumper...bl**dy hell...was very narrow turn in car wash...but my fault anyway.

Havn't been to local bodyshop as yet - do u think this is repairable? I was also surpriced that Supra bumper is so weak, I thought they are stronger, I was doing just 1-2 mph when hit the wall.

IMG_8261.JPG

IMG_8262.JPG

IMG_8263.JPG

IMG_8264.JPG

Guest CoolsBlue

yea a bodyshop can do that,even though its utherane (spelling?) stuff, theyd plastic weld from the back or fibreglass and small rivets on the crack with filler over it, sorted, i had a bumper that was worse than that and was fixed.

The standard bumper is very flexible normally, hard to see from the pics but is that filler that's cracked there? Previous repair?

It's repairable but I'd probably put up with it and hunt out another bumper from a member that's swapped, you might even get one in the right colour.

Guest alexmslv
The standard bumper is very flexible normally, hard to see from the pics but is that filler that's cracked there? Previous repair?

Yeah, all bits are there, I've just removed the piece to show whats actually happend

Not sure what to do at the moment - always wanted aftermarket bumper similar to this http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=44168&d=1158911658

but I'm using this TT as daily car and I'm living in NW London - many speed humps...so not sure how reliable it would be. Had bad experience with my previous bodykitted car (was Hyundai Coupe Gen1). Don't know, maybe due to cheap bodyshop installation, I have had to refix the front bumper almost every month - they have put it on 6 screws only.

But at the moment I still can't speed on humps due to backbox & cats - the pipe is touching the ground

Can anybody recommend decent bodyshop in NW, N or W London, or along M1? Also, does Supra aftermarket kits are as strong as original bumpers (as I said - I had very bad past experience)