The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bloody car! - Boost Troubles Part 2

Sheefa

Guys,

Quick update. Fitted some new hosing today and a replacement working solenoid from Andy (SupraAyf) - thanks mate :) There don't seem to be any hose splits or kinks now and I've tied them down with some fastening tie cables tightly, but not too tight.

Took her out for a 10 minute run. Same old story. She won't boost past 0.71 - 0.91 bar. HOWEVER, when I turned the set and gain settings up to 70 and 30 respectively she hit 1.13bar, but WELL AFTER 4,000rpm when I was doing a steady 70mph.

I'm going to take it to Chris Wilson's once again to get this checked out. He suggested removing the BC hosing and controller completely to test for boost leak problems or an incorrect reading etc. UKRich also mentioned perhaps removing the Restrictor Ring to see if it'll boost further as I'm running hybrids at the moment (new in 2006).

Any other advice appreciated. This is really doing my head in now. :( I can feel tubbie number 2 come online as well.........I think:rolleyes: I honestly don't know if I'm setup in TTC mode or something either guys - how do I check??

Cheers all.:)

Greg

ANDY (SupraAyf) - I'll get the solenoid back to you soon mate if you don't mind holding on a bit. Positive mine was working and it's another issue altogether, but want to make sure with CW first. ;)

OH - Just a quick one, as you can see this is my old solenoid and it has 3 cables running from it, Pink, White and Blue. On Andy's spare though, his only has two cables - Blue and White. Any ideas why this is and what the difference may be? Hoping this won't affect my car further.:search:

Picture(611).jpg

Picture(612).jpg

well, when i had my hybrids, i had to remove the restrictor ring as i couldnt get above 0.7b.

Really Si? How come mate did you find out the reasons for this? As mentioned, if I ramp up the settings I can hit 0.9 bar but rarely, and only once, 1.13 bar. :(

Really Si? How come mate did you find out the reasons for this? As mentioned, if I ramp up the settings I can hit 0.9 bar but rarely, and only once, 1.13 bar. :(

mine had a larger than stock wastegate... with the ring removed, i could get just about 0.8/0.9b

just a thought - have you tried it in TTC mode?

mine had a larger than stock wastegate... with the ring removed, i could get just about 0.8/0.9b

just a thought - have you tried it in TTC mode?

Ah, still confused though. What can you get now and are you still running hybrids?

Haven't tried TTC mode mate as it doesn't sound to good for Autos from a lot of posts I've been reading.

Ah, still confused though. What can you get now and are you still running hybrids?

Haven't tried TTC mode mate as it doesn't sound to good for Autos from a lot of posts I've been reading.

with the bc turned off, its 0.9b, with it on channel 4 - 1.45b

TTC mode will prove the that actuators are working properlly

with the bc turned off, its 0.9b, with it on channel 4 - 1.45b

TTC mode will prove the that actuators are working properlly

Ah, thanks Heckler - I'll give Chris a shout about the TTC mode.

Just out of question, what are your SET/Gain settings on Channel4 and I take it it's in Actuator and Manual mode? :)

Ah, thanks Heckler - I'll give Chris a shout about the TTC mode.

Just out of question, what are your SET/Gain settings on Channel4 and I take it it's in Actuator and Manual mode? :)

cant remember the gain settings off the top of my head, but yes and yes to the other two ;)

ANDY (SupraAyf) - I'll get the solenoid back to you soon mate if you don't mind holding on a bit. Positive mine was working and it's another issue altogether, but want to make sure with CW first.

Hi Greg, please keep it as long as you need good mate;)

EDIT: You may want to ask CW if he can take the car back to normal sequential operation mode if all else fails Greg.

Thanks matey :) Wil do. It's currently running in seq mode made, so I'll get hime to test actuators, plumb all back to stock without boost controller, and take it from there ;)

Thanks again!

Here's hoping it's all sorted for good!

Greg