The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi Guys 'n' Gals

ice_kul

Hey folks...

Firstly, a very big Hello to you all. I've been a Supra fan for years. I used to own a Mk3 and now I have a Mk4 being delivered this coming Tuesday. :)

I managed to source an Owners Manual but for the life of me, I can't find any sort of Workshop book for the Mk4 that will allow me to work on my car myself.

Any ideas? Does such a book exist? :blink:

Hello and welcome.

Workshop manuals do exist but they are hard to find in original form. I purchased my set from a seller in the US but shortly afterwards a member here, CJ, had a load of them printed up. A few copies come up for sale now and again so keep your eyes open and be quick. An example here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=101105&

There are limited scans available on the Internet too and a download of a partial manual somewhere... it might even be on here...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=115

Post some pictures of the car when you get it, in the meantime what sort of spec is it? Any interesting extras? NA or TT?

Guest Enola Gay

I just bought a workshop manual on CD. If any good to you let me know and I will see if I can copy and can then send to you....

I just bought a workshop manual on CD. If any good to you let me know and I will see if I can copy and can then send to you....

Hey Enola.

If you could get me a copy, that would be wicked... would really appreciate it.

What does it cover though?

I just want to be able to do the simple tasks like change spark plugs, oil etc, basically, almost doing my own service.

Guest Enola Gay

seems to cover everything. I will try copy tonight and if I can I will post on here and you can private message your address and I will mail to you, no worries............

Hey folks...

Firstly, a very big Hello to you all. I've been a Supra fan for years. I used to own a Mk3 and now I have a Mk4 being delivered this coming Tuesday. :)

I managed to source an Owners Manual but for the life of me, I can't find any sort of Workshop book for the Mk4 that will allow me to work on my car myself.

Any ideas? Does such a book exist? :blink:

Yellow blue,i used to have a MK3,loved it but now i've got a MK4 and no comparison,a dick in a MK3 tried to race me yesterday,couldn't believe it,anyway i think i left him thinking he needs a MK4;)

Hello and welcome.

Workshop manuals do exist but they are hard to find in original form. I purchased my set from a seller in the US but shortly afterwards a member here, CJ, had a load of them printed up. A few copies come up for sale now and again so keep your eyes open and be quick. An example here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=101105&

There are limited scans available on the Internet too and a download of a partial manual somewhere... it might even be on here...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=115

Post some pictures of the car when you get it, in the meantime what sort of spec is it? Any interesting extras? NA or TT?

Hi Michael.

Checked out the links. They certainly do have useful info... so thank you for you help.

The Supra I am hoping to receive tomorrow is a complete stock 1995 SZ Auto in red. To some that may sound a little unusual, but I wanted a stock Supra so that I could customise it the way I wanted, from top to bottom... it'll be my baby.

Actually, just remembered... it does already have side skirts and rear spats... they're a little damaged but I am not too fussed as I will eventually be putting on a new kit.

There are a few Supras around my area and they are all Black or Silver... so I wanted something that would stand out more. Besides, I will get it all sprayed eventually anyway.

You may have guessed with all these 'eventualities' that my baby is going to be a long project... but it's all good... anything to do with Supras is worth doing well, no matter how long it takes ;)

Hi and welcome, be sure to come to the Ace cafe meets as you are in london:)

Hi.

Didn't think I would have got a reply so quickly... kinda felt like the first day at a new school where everyone already knew each other, except me.

Thanks for making me feel welcome :)

Hi.

Didn't think I would have got a reply so quickly... kinda felt like the first day at a new school where everyone already knew each other, except me.

Thanks for making me feel welcome :)

No problems mate - it is good to have you in the team!

If you have any questions on your car then just post them up and they'll be answered soon enough.

I would try the search button first though as you can find out loads of info using that facility.;)