The mkiv Supra Owners Club

body kit

scott23

hi as any 1 come acrosssommit like this b4 , looks like a do luck bumper moded wit carbon

wat u think??????

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1083/riffraffsx4.jpg

Allow me to translate:

Has anyone come accross something like this before? Looks like a Do-Luck bumper modified with Carbon.

What do you think??

:p

Thanks Gaz. I couldn't quite believe what I was reading there. I didn't know you spoke twuntlish mate.

[qimg]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1083/riffraffsx4.jpg[/qimg]

Thanks Gaz. I couldn't quite believe what I was reading there. I didn't know you spoke twuntlish mate.

I like consider myself still young enough to "be down with the kids" including the lingo :D Plus my brother uses Txt spk in text messages. Takes me half hour to read the bleeding things.

Guest alexmslv

I might be after do-luck bumper, so may consider this one.

But ha quit bad experience with my previous bodykitted car (not Supra) How strong this bumpers are? I had one fiberglass one on my previous car and had to screw it back almost every month...maybe due to bad bodyshop who installed it by just putting 6 screws...I don't know

I might be after do-luck bumper, so may consider this one.

But ha quit bad experience with my previous bodykitted car (not Supra) How strong this bumpers are? I had one fiberglass one on my previous car and had to screw it back almost every month...maybe due to bad bodyshop who installed it by just putting 6 screws...I don't know

Crap bodyshop or poorly made bumper.

My Do Luck copy (though a premium one) has only 4 bolts holding it on (aka as a 'Dude' special) and has remained on for 2 years despite getting grounded at least once a day, every day. No cracks or signs of it dropping off yet.

I'm not advocating using the company mentioned above as pretty much all the ebay and copies I've seen have been complete w*nk. Try Miami-GT (or RA performance) for a top quality replica.

Guest alexmslv
Crap bodyshop or poorly made bumper.

My Do Luck copy (though a premium one) has only 4 bolts holding it on (aka as a 'Dude' special) and has remained on for 2 years despite getting grounded at least once a day, every day. No cracks or signs of it dropping off yet.

Think crap bodyshop : had 2 different bumpers installed with them - both dropped down. Once was when I've been to World Cup in Germany - had to call ADAC (AA) but they could only suggest to fix it with tape temporeraly.

I've just smashed a bit my original bumper yesterday (howeverit is still fixable) so thinking what to do. Always fancied do-luch fronts + trial rear. Might go for it now.

How low does it sit? I'm in NW London (so plenty of humps) and using my TT as daily driver. Well, I still can speed on humps due to low decat pipe but just want to make sure that I can pass the humps

The front is about 3.5inches off the road, though I have stock 17's and Eibach springs, both which mean a low ride height. However its not so much the height of the front that causes it problems (Never had an issue with speed humps), its the road camber change thats a major issue.

At its lowest point the Do-luck sticks out a LONG way past the stock bumper. This is the reak cause of problem, especially when pulling from a side street onto a main road when the camber on the road is severe. You have to take a very steady angle when merging, which can be a nightmare in traffic, thankfully people round here are quite polite and patient so give you some time to get into the road!

Guest alexmslv
The front is about 3.5inches off the road, though I have stock 17's and Eibach springs, both which mean a low ride height. However its not so much the height of the front that causes it problems (Never had an issue with speed humps), its the road camber change thats a major issue.

At its lowest point the Do-luck sticks out a LONG way past the stock bumper. This is the reak cause of problem, especially when pulling from a side street onto a main road when the camber on the road is severe. You have to take a very steady angle when merging, which can be a nightmare in traffic, thankfully people round here are quite polite and patient so give you some time to get into the road!

I know the feeling. I used to have problems (in my previous car) in the car parks - sometimes couldn't get in/out without touching the ground. Once my mate even had to hold the front when I was entering/exiting the car park ;)

Like the do-luck front but still not sure how would it be reliable as daily driver car