The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Polished lip refurb???

supra_surj

Hi guys

Picked up my car yesterday from the garage after having a new steering rack put on, the guy who owns it was honest enough to tell me he had curbed two of my wheels. :(

His willing to pay what ever it takes to put it right. Ive spoken to a guy that works for Fox alloys and he said the lip cant be changed.

Apart from the option of buying new wheels can the polished lip be refurbed? if so what am i looking at cost and time wise?

Does anyone know of any place round dartford or kent area?

Thanks in advance

Surj

I kurbed mine a couple of months ago :(

Took them to WickedWheels in Crawley and they did a pretty good job. (They are a nation wide company IIRC) They only refurbed the outer most part of the lip where it folds over and you can hardly notice it at all. The only downside I must admit is that they couldn't re-lacquer (sp) the lip afterwards so I have to keep them really clean and polish them every other week. Which this time of year is a real PITA!

I've heard there is nothing you can really do with the mirror polished lip, hope I'm wrong though. I thought you said there was something wrong with your front main the other day, now you say steering rack, how much did that set you back?

Sounded like the cambelt area so I took it to tech-one. turned out nothing wrong there but he found a leak on the steering rack. parts and labour came to just over 400quid. :(

thats the best way I think mate, get him to buy a pair of wheels and let him keep the wheels he f**ked

Hi mate!

What im thinking is if I can get it refurbed for a good price then i can tell him to leave the wheels and just refund the amount i spent on the work carried out.

That way i save the 400quid on that and get them refurbed.

I gotta check how they are first.

Yea i know but this way i get the 400 back off him and spend a small part of that for the refurb. that way i have the rest to buy other things for the motor.

Just an idea but i'll probably end up getting new ones anyway.

Im getting the price for some new ones tomorrow.

Give these guys a ring mate Lepsons Gillingham 01634 580582. They seem to be able to do all sorts of wheels.

I was going to reccommend them, my neighbour went there and they did a stunning job on his wheels, they have loads of options you can have as well. The reason I didn't mention them, is because my pc committed hara kiri the other day and I lost my favourites, so couldn't remember what they where called.

hi mate,

Cant fault this guy, my mate had his s3 wheels refurbed and was very pleased. plus he's mobile so will pretty much do it anywhere. he lives in Bromley so shouldn't be too bad to come out to you. and he's cheap and helpful - repaired a bodged paint job on my mates car while he was there - which wasn't originally agreed!!

His name is Colin and his number is 07734714884

Let us know how you get on :)