The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheap Single on Pistonheads 7.5k

mr lover

Holy crap it's only in Crawley, 10mins down the road from me ! I'm not looking, I'm just not looking :eek:

Some things aren't right, a reprogrammed access ecu ? Blitz did an access ecu, but I don't think they are mappable. Plus the Blitz access ecu includes a FCD, so why run an HKS one too ? etc. Doesn't say what injectors are on.

However, says it has a rebuilt engine by the turbo centre, so sounds like he may be able to prove this.

I'd like to know more, but I'm not going to find out - already have too many cars :D

Holy crap it's only in Crawley, 10mins down the road from me ! I'm not looking, I'm just not looking :eek:

Some things aren't right, a reprogrammed access ecu ? Blitz did an access ecu, but I don't think they are mappable. Plus the Blitz access ecu includes a FCD, so why run an HKS one too ? etc. Doesn't say what injectors are on.

However, says it has a rebuilt engine by the turbo centre, so sounds like he may be able to prove this.

I'd like to know more, but I'm not going to find out - already have too many cars :D

Its got an SAFC, so must barely run the single. Bet its got stock injectors too ;)

Worth a look though, if its local... get some piccies if you do please :)

But with the engine already rebuilt and the building blocks in place someone could have a decent car for very little extra money

Okay, maybe I'm being a litle sceptical here, but just because he says its "Built" doesn't really mean anything. For all we know it might just of had the head off at some stage, or some fault reapired. Doesn't mean its got a new set of pistons, rods, bolts, etc... If it had I'm sure it'd be mentioned (and the price bumped by £5-8k)

Okay, maybe I'm being a litle sceptical here, but just because he says its "Built" doesn't really mean anything. For all we know it might just of had the head off at some stage, or some fault reapired. Doesn't mean its got a new set of pistons, rods, bolts, etc... If it had I'm sure it'd be mentioned (and the price bumped by £5-8k)

I'd be very sceptical too, and re-reading the advert, it may be the turbo that has the new internals, not the engine !

It's a poorly written advert, and from the info. given you just can't tell if it's any good or not. But there is a chance it could make a decent starting point if you want a single'd Supra, and i'd say its worth a look - but with your eyes wide open.

I'm not going to have a chance to go look myself, plus you can only imagine the look I got from the missus last night when I threw it into a conversation :D