The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Doorcard plastic part removal

shimmydude

I am wondering, how exactly do you remove the doorcard plastic around the window sitches on the drivers door. Mine is scraped and in need of a little refurbishment, but upon trying to remove it, it didnt appear to want to budge (Thought it may have just been held in place with clips) and so a little pressure would move it, but it didnt budge. Dont want to try and force it and end up breaking something so thought i would ask advioce here.

Can anyone tell me how to remove it?

Did check first for a guide on how to do this, but couldnt find any information on how to remove it.

Many thanks guys

Did mine yesterday and found that you have to remove every screw you can find and then the grab handle comes off giving you access to the last two screws holding on the plastic surround.

Noticed also that the window switch LED is on all the time with the ignition. I thought it would just have come on with the lights. Strange.

So I take it that this thing is held in by some screws, (that can only be accessed by removing the whole doorcard)

Picture of thing im trying to remove:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=37559&d=1149955314

Yeah, remove door card then all the screws on the back to remove the grab handle. Door card comes off in 5 mins just remember if it doesn't want to come off easily then you've probably missed the bolt hiding in where the door pull is.:) I do that everytime. LOL