The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just refurbed my lights.

rob wild

Nice. Need to do mine. Whats the process?

A basic couple of steps (im sure im forgetting a few things) :

1) Remove all the metal clips

2) Using a heat gun on low heat! Heated up the whole surround keep turning the light until the sealant looked runny.

3) Using a flat blade gently prise the surround from the light cluster. This takes time and be careful not to damage the plastic surround.

4) Then once the light section with the reflector is separated from the cluster use a small screw driver to remove the reflector.

5) I used a very gentle rubbing compound and a electric buffer on the both sides of the plastic lens

6) Once i was happy with the lens refitted the reflector using the small screw

7) Then i gently heated the plastic surround and added extra sealent so there was a good beam on sealant all round the surrond. When it was hot all the way round i place the lens back into place and refitted the metal clips to provide pressure whilst the sealant was still hot.

Im sure i missed a couple of things out but that was basically what me and my long suffering old man sorted out yesterday

Cheers fella. Gona have a go on the weekend.

Good luck matey just take your time at it :)

;) Hey Rob they look as new now great job :thumbs:

Cheers

Ian

Cheers matey :)

i think I might still send mine to Gzaerojon as mine don't need the glass polishing, it's the chrome on the inside that is peeling off one of them!:(

I am going to have a good look at them when the weather improves!

H.

TBH it would be just a case of respraying the reflector which i would have done if i had a more time but didn't want to make an arse of it when im picking the car up on Saturday :innocent:

very very well done rob! nice! i'll drop mine off tomorrow mate! :innocent:

LOL Cheers matey :D your the second person to suggest that tonight :D

Excellent buddy,

Did mine a few weeks ago and yes they do come up a treat although I wrapped mine in a towel and put them in a fan oven at 120degrees for 10 to 15mins and they came apart a treat. Great feeling when you've finished and look so much better when you put them back on.

dont think ive be the last knowing our crowd! you could make a packet tho doing everyones at Mascrat!

Yeah i no what you mean ;) (some money her in doors doesn't need to no about :D )

Although I would love to let you have a go at mine, they are UK so don't need it :D

Mike

Ah thats whats weighting the front of your car down :D Hey we still need to talk about the rear light matey :)

Excellent buddy,

Did mine a few weeks ago and yes they do come up a treat although I wrapped mine in a towel and put them in a fan oven at 120degrees for 10 to 15mins and they came apart a treat. Great feeling when you've finished and look so much better when you put them back on.

Yeah matey cant wait to fit them :)

Ah thats whats weighting the front of your car down :D Hey we still need to talk about the rear light matey :)

That and the Active spoiler ;)

Yeah mate just give me a shout when you are round at Derek's ;) I'm sure he's been badgering you.

Are you getting the resistors, or do you want me to get them ?

Mike

Its dead easy isnt it Rob and the results are great. You should have painted them matt black while you were at it, would have suited the new colour of the car perfectly :)

I think i may do it at a later date :) Just did'nt want any problems with picking the car up tommorow :)