The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Damn gritters

Mike M

Who else has been unlucky enough to have there car blasted by a gritter? I passed one the other day and can't believe the mess I've found on the bumper, bonnet, wing even the fecking rear quarter at the door join has been chipped.

Not happy at all.:(

Yeah I know it's for everybodies safety but its crap, whats annoyed me even more is I had just painted the front bumper last month and now it looks like i'll be doing it again.

Wish I knew how to limit the damage passing these things. Usually I slow down and try being as far away from them when passing.

Gritters - good and bad really aren't they.

Just off topic a bit - what's the deal with bonnet bras. Loads of Americans use them but surely in countries where it's sunny the rest of your paint will fade a bit but the section under the bra won't. So if they every take the bra off they'll have to respray the whole car rather than just the front where the stonechips are. Or am I being thick?

Gritters - good and bad really aren't they.

Just off topic a bit - what's the deal with bonnet bras. Loads of Americans use them but surely in countries where it's sunny the rest of your paint will fade a bit but the section under the bra won't. So if they every take the bra off they'll have to respray the whole car rather than just the front where the stonechips are. Or am I being thick?

Guess it depends how long it's on for but yeah I would have thought the car would fade around it.

yeah, it really gets to me getting sprayed with that stuff. and even now so much stuff is on the roads being chucked up.

not sure, but don't some councils use different grit from others. i seem to remember hearing that some grit dissolves better than other types, after it's use is over.

think they said that the crap stuff is cheaper.