The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Healing Supras black eye!

Konrad

Some b%$d messed up my lil' babe :( Because I will repaint Supra next year anyway, I thought i will experiment with paint, primer and laquer :eyebrows:

First stage of my job done - sand paper to make damage smooth and primer on :)

Are you going to paint the whole wing then? Or are you going to try and t-cut the bit you've done. I can't help but feel you're going to be left with a line across the bottom of the wing!

H.

Are you going to paint the whole wing then? Or are you going to try and t-cut the bit you've done. I can't help but feel you're going to be left with a line across the bottom of the wing!

H.

Painting techinques and quality or paint/T-cut/other stuff is advanced enough to cover difference (hopefully) I'm just worried about colour - it is standard Toyota Red. Before I will put paint on it, I need to search for exact colour code of Supra red. As i told, I'm doing it for fun anyway as my babe will be repainted next year (Kandy Red here I come :D ). When I will finish, I will show effect to world hehe. Primer covered scratched part (it was awfull scratch all over wing and partially bumper). After 24h i will rubber it , correct here and there and i will put paint. After next 24h clear laquer and I hope to get proper effect *sigh*

Slightly off topic - What wheels are they? (I'd really like some Super advan racing 2, but can't stretch to them at the moment) *waits to be criticised for liking 3 spoke alloys*

I might do a bit of painting myself in the summer - interesting to see how yours turns out.

On wheels it is written Black Racing Pro-03 - I'm not expert in wheels so cannot help more :p Those are 18's

Oh really? Which advanced 21st century technique are you using?

If you get that looking any good at all I will be amazed.

It is well known - at least in good garages - that you do not have to paint all element to get good effect. Quality of paint and techniques of painting allow you to spray for example just half of wing and with good matched paint you will be not able to tell difference. Only problem you can occasionally get are small bubbles of air on line of painting between fresh and old paint, you can correct it tho.

I'm not saying mine will be any good - as you can see I'm doing it in carport using simple spray bottle. I do not expect stunning effect, just having fun before proper respraing of all car. Although, if I would have proper equipment and proper matched paint - I don't see any problem at all with doing it good :)

I just need to find replacement of 3L2 Renaissance Red colour somewhere :p

• 2 weeks later...

Finished lower part (bumper) today, only wing waiting to be matted with 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and then clear laquer will be added. There is just a slight difference you would notice when looking under full sun and proper angle, it is caused because previous moronic owner (trader - not you CJ, of course :D) painted front bumper with different shade of red :rolleyes:

bump1.jpg

bump2.jpg

bump3.jpg

I did order 3L2 which is my colour code. It is just bumper, which was painted with hell no idea what shade of red. I managed to blur difference using G3 polishing compound and rotary polisher, so no problem at all :) Anyway, you will be not able to tell difference unless on full sun anyway. For a DIY I amazed myself (and hopefully Jake too :D ) :eyebrows:

Post up some pics when the front of the wing has been cut back and polished :)

I will - with wing it is a way easier, because paint match perfectly so i will not scrub all skin from fingers trying to blur difference haha. Today I will put clear laquer, so in next 6 days wing will be ready.