The mkiv Supra Owners Club

LOL, bloody aerial just snapped!!

2JG

Morning guys n gals

Just got to work, took the key out the ignition, aerial must have started retracting and then clunck!!

Got out to have a look and the aerial was hanging by the side of the car!! Tried putting the key back in for the radio to come on and then removing it again but the cable would not retract, so the cable is still all the way out and won't retract!!

Now the problem is I'm 19 miles from home in Burgess Hill with no tools!

Can anyone suggest a quick fix?? Was thinking of getting a stubby aerial at some point anyway so could I just cut the cable??

Thanks for any help

Jeff

Guest Phillw454

my ariel dosent work:d

They look pants out anyway, looks like a RC car

Still a paint to have it snap though!! good excuse to remove it and smooth over?

I have a spare lying in the loft if your interested, works perfect on a 50k mile sup, give me a shout if you need it;)

Cheers for the offer bud :thumbs:

Gonna pop along to my local audio shop on Saturday morning and see if they have any stubby aerials that they can adapt to fit.

I will keep it in mind if it doesn't work out.