The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bumper fitting?

Wazz72

Does anyone know where I can get a bumper fitted in the hampshire area (Winchester). Moving there next week and Ive had 2 local garages (South Wales) say that they could fit it, and after having it for 12 months (the first one) and 8 weeks (the second one) have now decided that they dont know how to fit it.

Got the car back, and the garage gave me a picture of the car, with everything off. They said the problem was a metal bar (inside the red circle) that was stopping the bumper from going back far enough. They said that it would have to be removed to make the bumper fit, but didnt want to do it as they didnt know what they were removing. Can anyone help?

Dont know anything about the bar, but I had never done a bumper before and removed and replaced a standard one on mine by reading on here. Took an hour or so, no major problems except the metal bars at the sides kept dropping down when I did it up, soon sorted it though. Sorry I cant be more help but if the aftermarket one has the same fittings I would of thought it was fairly easy.