The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM Tru-Boost - Solenoid setup

Flip

Not having a lot of luck in the chat thread, so I thought I'd best stick it here really.

I have fitted an AEM Tru-Boost controller/gauge thingy sucessfully, all but the important bit - the boost solenoid. I got a thread this far but no-one was answering. I also have a new problem in that the AEM boost solenoid has three holes, and I'm not sure which one has the muffler/filter thing in it - I think its the middle one (port three)

Can anyone help please? Want to get that last little bit of poke out of my tubbies!

OK, seems its starting to make sense now, shame its dark and raining - otherwise I'd give it a go. The Blitz install only removes one of the hoses from the VSV, but the Apexi removes both of them - which is right for the AEM?

Lastly, am I right to assume I need to use ports 1 and 2 on the aem solenoid? Have port 3 with the filter thing in it?

Sniffle, gunna take this personally soon! I think I've worked out the solenoid ports now, as long as the stock turbos do have an internal wastegate - which I think they do?

So, pleeeeease can anyone give me a more simple walkthrough for fitting the solenoid to stock turbos? The mkiv.com ones are nearly simple enough, but they are also different between Blitz and Apexi, don't want to get it wrong and blow anything up!!