The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any one good with radios??

Guest Phillw454

Guest Phillw454

Iv got a 7" tv/dvd monitor to go in my car, but it hasnt got a connector on it, just loose wires with tags on for what they are.

So it needs one of them connector things from halfords and then fitted into my double din slot so il need to get a pocket for it.

I dont really want to take it to sextons cause theyl charge me a bomb, so is there anyone around the southwest that fancies earning a few quid fitting this for me on the weekend?:D

goto halfords ask for a female iso block with open ended wiring... this will or should have the relevant colored wires that should match up to the wires on the back of your screen... yellow (positive permanent) red (ignition )etc... then get a supra to iso adaptor harness...

the supra to iso harness will match the supra wires to the standard iso block on a male iso connector...

the male iso then plugs into teh female iso that you will connect to the wiring on your screen..

sorted

Iv got a 7" tv/dvd monitor to go in my car, but it hasnt got a connector on it, just loose wires with tags on for what they are.

So it needs one of them connector things from halfords and then fitted into my double din slot so il need to get a pocket for it.

I dont really want to take it to sextons cause theyl charge me a bomb, so is there anyone around the southwest that fancies earning a few quid fitting this for me on the weekend?:D

Where about's in Avon are you mate?

Guest Phillw454
why go thru all that bother,he only needs one iso connector(one that fits a supra) and just connect the wires together,but remember to change the red and yellow wires around so you keep your memory,

i live in warminster if you really need a hand

Ok ta il have a look:)

Bring it over to me if you like.

I wont even charge you aslong as you make the tea.

Plus theres a halfords up the road to me.

Guest Phillw454
Phil give me the wireing and the halfords adapter and Ill cut and solder it all together for you... once thats done, itll fit easy... :)

Sounds like a plan, you free anytime soon? iv got 1 din box but i might need another one, to be honest i dont know if the radio is ment to fit into it or not :innocent:

Guest Phillw454

Right i got a loom from halfords and have connected it all up.

But i have 6 spare wires, 3 from the halfords loom and 3 from the headunit loom

The 3 spare from the halfords loom are (this is what it says on the wire)

Black earth

Orange illumination

Yellow memory

The 3 spare from the headunit loom are

Orange back ward

Orange and black parking

Brown phone mute

These is also a fuse box with a earth and positive on it so that seems straight forward.

Just wondering what i should do with the spare wires. Leave them or try to connect them?

Someone please help!!!!! Will drive me mad otherwise!:)