The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Having a go at dying my carpet black advice

dibbleyuk

I think just dont use too much, my mate (on here) did his and didnt need more than around a litre iirc. brush it in and work it nicely to get an even shade. looks great when its done too ;)

Put it into a garden water sprayer, can be bought from B&Q for about a quid.. Gives much better coverage, then use a hard bristle brush to rub it in...

Works a treat... :)

thats exsactly what i was going to do and just spray it untill its covered everything and see how it looks anything is better than the nasty dated grey :)

secret is too get all the crap off greese etc i went and brought a industral wet vac you will not get the coverage unless its completly free off greese in my opinion it has too be wet vac couple off times then rinse with clean water time consuming but worth it

We was going to clean the carpets at my cousin work they do car valleting so have everything we need to get them spotless before we attempt to dye them i will post some pics when we do it :) i hoping to get a really nice finish fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...
Right guys my cousin done his last weekend came up amazing used just 2.5L of dye aswell! really did look great!

So doing mine on sunday all in all its costing us £16 to do both so why do you guys charge £150+ there carpet?

because my time is not cheap mate,comments like that makes me wish i never gave you any sodding advise

have fun

I've just done mine.

Remove the seats, plastic sill trims and lower seatbelt mounting bolts and the bottom of the back seat. I found it easier to remove the rear bit of the centre console as well. Take out any of the push fit locating pegs that are still there and just pull the carpet out and back. Having an aerotop is an advantage at this stage:D

Took about 30 mins to get the seats out, then 4 hrs cleaning the carpet and another couple of hours to dye it.

I'm well impressed with the results, pics to follow as i'm doing some wiring jobs in the footwells while the carpet is out

I've just done mine.

Remove the seats, plastic sill trims and lower seatbelt mounting bolts and the bottom of the back seat. I found it easier to remove the rear bit of the centre console as well. Take out any of the push fit locating pegs that are still there and just pull the carpet out and back. Having an aerotop is an advantage at this stage:D

Took about 30 mins to get the seats out, then 4 hrs cleaning the carpet and another couple of hours to dye it.

I'm well impressed with the results, pics to follow as i'm doing some wiring jobs in the footwells while the carpet is out

Great job Rich. So............the above basically means "Greg, come round to my house and I'll do it for you it's that easy". Thanks mate - lovely of you to offer. :eyebrows:

Get those pics up buddy. :)

You could say the same thing about polishing, the actual cost in parts is not very high. The labour time is what costs the money. You could say the same thing for a lot of jobs, if you do the work yourself of course it is going to be cheaper as you aren't charged an hourly rate for it :search:

Great job Rich. So............the above basically means "Greg, come round to my house and I'll do it for you it's that easy". Thanks mate - lovely of you to offer. :eyebrows:

Get those pics up buddy. :)

It is very straight forward to remove Greg, im sure even you could manage :p