The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie Saying Hi

Guest Deepee

Hi chaps. Lovin the site.:)

First and foremost, I want to come clean. I dont have a Supra[sAD][/sAD] but I wish I did. The good news is though that my girlfriend does have one. A rather nice black 3.0l N/A Auto.

After going all the way to Ramsgate to view a rather lovely aero with a special oil / water mixture to make it go faster[ANGRY][/ANGRY] (why do dealers bother) we finally picked up a lovely one from Southend.

So, no doubt I will now become sucked into spending loadsa money on it and of course using the benefit of your knowledge to keep her mint.

Anyone tell me where I can get an owners manual as ther are a few buttons which I dont know what they do. The first is a red rocker switch on the right hand side of the steering wheel???

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and hopefully turning up at a meet or two.

Thanks. Dont think its after market as we looked at three and they all had one???

Just seen the mats on here. I know the missus is gonna want them.:D

Ill have a look at fleabay. I Did buy a manitenance manual on disk and it arrived today. Ill see if that has anything.

Welcome to the club!

The switch does sound aftermarket, even if you've seen it on other cars. For example, many J-Specs have the rear fog light switch wired up in the same manner. If it's not the rear fog light, take a photo of the switch and post it up on here.

PS what spec is your supra?

Welcome to the club!

The switch does sound aftermarket, even if you've seen it on other cars. For example, many J-Specs have the rear fog light switch wired up in the same manner. If it's not the rear fog light, take a photo of the switch and post it up on here.

PS what spec is your supra?

Actually Stevie, they were all Jap spec so you are probably right. Ill check that out tonight.

As far as spec is concerned, I have no idea. Its a 3.ol auto. Is there a way to find out????

Cheers.

The main spec differentiator is whether it's normally-aspirated (NA) or a twin-turbo (TT) version. I guess you know the answer already having bought it, but the VIN plate will confirm this. NAs have an engine code of 2JZ-GE and TTs have a code of 2JZ-GTE.

Aerotop, or standard hard roof?

Facelift, or pre-facelift? -> The age of the car is the quickest way to tell (but I can't remember when they changed to facelift, so I'm not much help there!) I think facelift versions have 5 dials in the driver's instrument panel instead of the pre-facelift's 3 dials. There's other differences too, most of which I can't remember...

The main spec differentiator is whether it's normally-aspirated (NA) or a twin-turbo (TT) version. I guess you know the answer already having bought it, but the VIN plate will confirm this. NAs have an engine code of 2JZ-GE and TTs have a code of 2JZ-GTE.

Aerotop, or standard hard roof?

Facelift, or pre-facelift? -> The age of the car is the quickest way to tell (but I can't remember when they changed to facelift, so I'm not much help there!) I think facelift versions have 5 dials in the driver's instrument panel instead of the pre-facelift's 3 dials. There's other differences too, most of which I can't remember................indicator lights on the front quarter panels of the bumper, different tail lights with separated colours, rear indicator quarter lights iirc too

Good going Stevie mate :)

Obviously J-spec or UK-Spec. UK specs have larger brakes, bonnet scoop, bigger injectors, leather interior etc, J-specs the opposite, although brakes and interior were optionals.

Aerotop vs Hardtop is pretty obvious! But you'll be lucky to find an Aerotop Manual, Auto is the standard pal.

Get some pics up soon :)

Thanks for the warm welcome.:)

Okay, with regards to spec, she is a hard top n/a. She is a 1995 M plater so I am not sure if this is pre face lift or not.

She is a J spec and if anyone has any leather front seats, I would be interested in buying them.

The mats may have come off of here, they have Supra embroided into them and reading an earlier post, were they not speacial order off of here.???????

Gonna check the gallery to see if the car has already made an appearance here. The last owner was from Basildon. Ring any bells?

BTW, its my girlfriends car and no doubt she will want the body kit, bonnet etc.

Will try to get pictures up asap. But again, thanks for the warm welcome.