The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fcd

JamesRZ

Hi

Do all Twin turbos come with a fuel cut device on them, I have just gone BPU and fitted a 1.2 bar restrictor ring in, still hitting 1.3-1.4 bar which is a completly different problem (checked on another boost guage to be sure) but noticed that i am not hitting any fuel or boost cuts like my old supra had on it. Is there anything else that could of removed the cut?

Hi mate you wouldnt get an FCD on your supra as standard at all - maybe the previous owner had it bpu'd and left the fcd connected? and you could try adjusting the restrictor ring to help you from overboosting - as its not safe to go over 1.2 bar for very long if your j-spec.

yes i know about the tubbies does it matter where in the exhaust you put the ring as i have it between the decat pipes, as for the FCD where would it be connected i have checked the ECU and there was nothing there, also when i bought the car it was completly standard.

Hi

Do all Twin turbos come with a fuel cut device on them, I have just gone BPU and fitted a 1.2 bar restrictor ring in, still hitting 1.3-1.4 bar which is a completly different problem (checked on another boost guage to be sure) but noticed that i am not hitting any fuel or boost cuts like my old supra had on it. Is there anything else that could of removed the cut?

James, have a look to see if the ECU is standard or whether an FCD has been fitted already. All standard ECU's should cut fuel at 1bar so you must have something non standard fitted.

The ECU is located in the passenger footwell, lift up teh carpet and remove the black plastic cover.