The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rubbery Thingy!

Havard

I want to get the rubbery thingy under my bumper sprayed white to match the rest of the car. I went to a guy at the weekend and he said he'd spray it but he could not guarantee that it would not come off eventually.

Is he talking shit? I thought if you used special rubber/plastic paint it wouldn't come off. The piece is very flexible so I would imagine at motorway speeds there would be some distortion but not enough for the paint to come off!!

car1.jpg

H.

I used Halfords tins on my old silver one and made a huge difference to the front of the car. It didnt crack at motorway speeds but if you catch it on a kerb or ramp etc it will split and the whole thing will need sanding down and repainting.

My Stillen nose on my new one is very flexible and when i had that painted the guy added some flexible adhesive or something or other to the primer, paint and laquer to make sure that the paint flexed with the bumper. Id recommend mixing some of that with the paint. Do it yourself though, much cheaper and very easy to do mate, rather than paying someone.

I wanted this be permanent and a good colour match too. I don't want to spend an afternoon spraying it, for the car to look worse after I have finished.

I also wanted to get it done before summer really and thought a local paintshop would charge next to nothing to do it!!:rolleyes:

H.

I wanted this be permanent and a good colour match too. I don't want to spend an afternoon spraying it, for the car to look worse after I have finished.

I also wanted to get it done before summer really and thought a local paintshop would charge next to nothing to do it!!:rolleyes:

H.

Colour match wont be a problem and it really is an easy Sat afternoon job to do it. Like i said with the right paint it shouldnt be a problem. But if you do want a bodyshop to do it then make sure they use the flexible add-in stuff (dunno what its called sorry) and it shouldnt break up with the flex.