The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS Silent Hi Power Exhaust

Wez

one of the local guys here had one, its very quiet compared to almost all other aftermarket pipes. Its louder than stock for sure, but is not at all intrusive like many.

CW recommends them as track day firendly exhaust, but I guess you know that already ;)

The biggest problem on your setup is the bl**dy screamer pipe :D

I had never heard of them until going in my mates IS200 today.

Just been reading up on the new Blitz Nur Spec RX, here is the spec :-

Nur Spec RX 2 piece exhaust system

Polished SUS304 stainless steel

80mm bore pipwork

114.3mm Tailpipe

Sound level 91DB

Supra Turbo JZA80, 2JZ-GTE

With the bore being 80mm its slightly bigger than the Silent Hi Power which I believe is 76mm but 91DB sounds very quiet, they are Jasma compliant what ever that means.

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/ProductItem-2116.aspx

Wez,

I have an HKS Exhaust and the sound is immense (not loud though) - its very quiet but everyone knows when they hear it that the car means business!

Not sure if these pics are any good but its a nice looking exhaust IMO:rolleyes:

Do you have a silent hi power as well then? If so does yours have a silencer as well as the back box, because mine doesn't, and its bloody loud

Do you have a silent hi power as well then? If so does yours have a silencer as well as the back box, because mine doesn't, and its bloody loud

Mate, I'm sorry but I'll have to go in to mong-mode on this one and say that all I know is that it's an HKS system and that's it - It came with the car when it was imported.

I'll try and take a pic as you may be able to advise on the spec. I think HKS only made a couple of versions so it should be easy.

The car is fully de-catted and it still sounds very quiet.

EDIT: Yours is an NA isn't it - that means that the turbos will not absorb the sound energy as per a TT so that's why you'll be kicking some decibels out