The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do you find most annoying when working on the supe?

Daston

For me its the wireing seriously some people just shouldn't touch the stuff! Ok I am probably one of them but at least I use the right colours!!!! Just fitted a new CD player (thats fun in the dark!) and someone has decided to use blue wires for the fog switch all of them happen to be just the right size so you cant even see what your doing so pluged them back in and fuzz 1 fuse blown!

On the up side my cd player not only looks cool sounds good too just need to wait for a more respectible time of day to try out the amp etc. And try and get my arial working

Oh upon blowing the fuse all my dash lights now come on with the engine regardless of the headlights being on. Is this normal as my last one made all the lights go out.

GRRRRRRRRR!

its fun working under the car when you can just jack it up enough for one peg on the axle stand, but not quite enough for the 2nd peg so i can just fit my shoulders under the car

ditto that

fitted a new radiator today , fiddled for ages to get it in the second hole but had to settle to the first :innocent:

The biggest design fault of the Supra has to be the location of the heater matrix. As someone else mentioned, its as though a heater matrix started on the production line and the rest of the car was built around it :(

Therefore, heater matrix replacement is the worse possible job you can do on a supra.

What do you find most annoying when working on the supe?

Well, an example was today when a piss-easy job as fitting and adjusting a SW20 BCC to a Fields Harness and then plumbing it all in the ECU went very wrong.

The AEM Wideband gauge took 20 minutes to install and the loose wire in the F-harness took me the best part of 2 hours to locate.

Work that one out:blink:

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!