The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Washer bottle setup

rik

Is there a seperate pump for the rear screen wash? I'm rebuilding the front of my car that was crash damaged when i bought it, so don't know how the pipes should go to each jets (front/rear).

When i push the front screen wash, water also comes from the rear jet at the same time. When i push the rear screen wash there is no water but i can hear a pump going and it sounds different, like when there is no water in the bottle.

I have one pipe coming from the pump on the bottle under n/s wing, this splits under the wing with one pipe going up to the bonnet for the front and one going into the a pillar supplying the rear.

Please help, this is doing my nut in :sos:

Rik, I've got a washer bottle removed from a UK car sat around somewhere with all the pipes still attached, let me know if you need a pic.

PS: moved to tech ;)

Washer bottle from a uk spec is slightly different to a j-spec, as it has 2 pumps. One for the front and rear wash and a seperate pump for the dildos

Cheers Darryl. I was going to go and have another look at this tonight now i'm home but it's pissing down :(

I found this picture that i took when i first got the car, and it looks like there was only ever one pipe that splits to feed both jets? That would explain why i'm getting water from both when the screen wash is activated. I would imagine then that i have a pipe missing of the pump then. Maybe it's been bodged this way at some time.

As TrickTT says the bottles are different, but maybe the pumps that serves the front/rear windows are the same. Maybe you could take a pic of that so i can see where the the pipes connect onto it. :)

Had another look at this yesterday, there is only one outlet coming out of the pump! It looks like the other tube that the pipe is connected to has been broken off.

Looks like i'll be after a new pump then.

Darryl, if you read this let me know if the pump off that uk bottle is any good to me and if you want to sell it :)