The mkiv Supra Owners Club

American supras

affney

http://motors.listings.ebay.com/_Cars-Trucks_Toyota-Supra_W0QQa39Z1981QQa41Z10693QQalistZa39Q2ca41QQcurcatZtrueQQfromZR42QQgcsZ13QQpfidZ2473QQsacatZ6001QQsatitleZQQsocmdZListingItemListQQsofocusZpf i was just looking at the supras and what im looking at having to spend when i move to california in two years i think the soop is a little bit more exclusive and expensive over the pond, if the exchange rate is 1.9 i think at the mo.

my aunt had a vette it was a 95 plate not sure what model but i wasnt that impressed i prefer jap

That's a C4 - basically this is a re-vamped 1982 car.

Nothing like newer models.

The C6 Z06 lapped the Top Gear test track faster than the Zonda and Lambo Murcielago.

But you won't get a C6 Z06 too cheaply!

Soop Dogg just noticed you have an 04 C5 listed in your sig!Sounds amazing got any pics/comments on it?

Actually I don't have alot of pics of it yet as the weather has been crap for most of the time I've had it! (Bought it at the start of December)

Oh - and I love it! Different animal from the Supe, feels a bit more refined, but just as much fun and the sound is awesome! Looking forward to summer when I can get the top folded away.

(Still love the Supe though - this is just different)

Soop,

How do you get on with being sat on the wrong side of the car? I bet overtaking is fun!

Always fancied a US car but the LHD puts me off.

You get use to it pretty quick and it makes no real difference, ive had a few lhd yank and german cars now and its never bothered me.

You get use to it pretty quick and it makes no real difference, ive had a few lhd yank and german cars now and its never bothered me.

Agreed - it doesn't take long to get the hang of it. I've also had a few American cars in the past so I knew what it was like anyway. To be honest, in the last few years we've been doing more miles on the continent than in the UK so I thought this would make it even more of a good idea. (That was my excuse!)

Overtakes aren't that much of a problem. A lot of my time is spent poodling around town or on a dual carriageway. When I'm on single lane A-roads, Angie is usually with me to help out with the overtakes, but even when she isn't I just sit back a bit further from the car in front to get a better view. It's a very minor inconvenience really. Like the Supra, overtakes happen pretty fast so you don't need much distance to complete them!

:innocent:

Whatever you decide to get you need to keep one thing in mind since you are going to be living in California.

You cannot modify your car at all and I mean NOT at all. Not even an aftermarket exhaust, unless it has been approved by the state. Best to keep that in mind when selecting what you intend to drive if you are thinking about modifying the car from stock. ;)