The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheels: what is too heavy?

Sandy-m2

What is too heavy for a set of wheels, i'm thinking about 19's but want to make sure they are light enough to not affect the suspension too much.

Does anyone know what weight i shouldn't go over.

Also should i get the alignment done before or after changing the wheels?

Hope someone can help

S

Are 19's too big, most stuff i've read say if 19's are light enough and they fit straight on?

ahhhh somone help!!

I think the cars are dreadful on 19 inch rims and they ruin the handling. 16 or 17 are best, the correct offset 18 inch aren't too bad, 19 inch are dire. Lots of people disagree, lots agree. If you appreciate good handling, response and dynamics, you won't like them, IMO.

as Chris says Sandy, some people think they are fine.

personally i wouldn't go any larger than 18s in as close an offset to the original as possible.

if i were going to buy some new rims for my own i'd actually got for the best set of 17s i could afford.

to answer your questions, 19s will fit fine but to get a very good quality set it's gonna be big money not to mention the cost of rubber on them.